Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
LATAM Trade Finance HeadApply Now Locations: Miami, Florida Job Function: Product Management and Development Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19127937
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
Trade Finance is the largest, most strategic and complex product pillar within Trade Latam representing more than 50% of the total revenues and total assets.
The focus of this role in the Trade Finance Latam Head side will be on pipeline management in conjunction with Sales, development and execution of the business strategy utilizing existing Trade Finance products, engineering/ implementing new structures, driving asset and revenues growth maintaining an optimal risk/ return profile. Ensuring the delivery of Trade Finance solutions that satisfy customers’ needs. Develop new structures, support clusters with complex structures.
Considering the size and importance of the Trade Finance Business in Latam, the person in this role will also perform as Trade Portfolio & Business Office Head with broader functions and activities which will include cross-product pillars responsibilities.
- P&L: Revenues 130MM+
- Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the risk characteristics of the portfolio (LLR “Loan Loss Reserves “monitoring - Portfolio overall composition)
- Define strategic priorities aligned with the Global Product Organization and regional clusters
- Interact with TTS Risk anticipating impacts in the perform of the portfolio
- Drive assets and revenues growth, maintaining a close communication and partnership with countries to ensure optimal pricing vs. risk and contribute to achieve TF financial Goals
- Keep up to date with all internal policies (trade-risk) and communicate them to the countries
- Lead and provide support to countries with asset optimization activities (insurance, defeasance), Risk Distribution
- Interact with other areas to identify and resolve issues (Treasury, Ops, Risk, Global, etc.)
- Measure and grow market share. Determine benchmarks against our competitors (product offerings, pricing, etc.) and take actions presenting alternatives/solutions to be at pair or ahead in the financial market competitors.
- Assist regional and local sales teams and business partners with clients
- Interact frequently with Cluster/ Country Trade teams to understand market trends, pipeline and deals closed
- Interact with other regions and global units to share best practices
- Close interaction with Fincon and other supporting areas to guarantee the integrity of Latam Trade P/L and business related data/business information.
- Interact with other regional product pillars and Sales/ clusters
- Maintain close interaction with banking promoting/ supporting Trade Finance products.
- The individual should have a product, sales and project management background preferably within transaction services, be customer focused and able to operate at all levels, with knowledge of the markets & culture as well as the relevant Trade products.
- Previous Experience Managing a multi-product P/L.
- Over 15 years Trade Experience
- Deep knowledge of Trade Products
- Experience to drive the assets and revenues growth, within a Risk control environment of the Trade in Latin America
- Credit Background
- Knowledge of TTS Trade organization and products
- Knowledge of Latam business market
- Proven experience in senior positions, interacting with local/global organizations
- Demonstrated experience managing financials and analyzing data
- Competencies/Skills (What specific technical skills does the individual need and at what level, e.g. specific IT/spreadsheet/analytical/modeling skills):
- Highly motivated and experienced person to drive the assets and revenues growth, within a Risk control environment of the Trade Finance in Latin America
- Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Mindset
- Solid communication skills
- Time management
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and rapport to deal internally and with clients
- Strong and demonstrated leadership skills motivating and influencing others
- Excellent analytical and financials skills
- Execution skills
- Strong analytical background
- Recognized for his or her execution skills
- Presentation skills both written and oral
- Ability to work in a multiproduct environment
- Transactor /Innovation skills
- Fluent in Spanish, English. Portuguese is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred and managerial experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.