LATAM MGE Management and MCA Standards - SVP
The LATAM MGE Management and MCA Standards Lead will be responsible for the day to day activities related to the regional MGE and AU which include the design and maintenance of its ARCMs, as well as QRA and ARA cycles. He/She will also lead the design and implementation of heightened MCA/GRC standards for the LATAM region to ensure consistency, efficiency, effectiveness, and more risk sensitive assessments. He/She will report to the LATAM Regional In-Business Risk and Controls Head.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both as part of a team and independently are a must as this individual will be required to lead efforts single-handedly, as well coordinate very closely with In-Function Control Officers, and work alongside Business partners, Operational Risk Management, ICRM, AML, Legal, Risk, IA, Regulators and other stakeholders on a variety of initiatives. Will require frequent interaction with people at many levels of the organization, from junior analysts to senior management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the LATAM MGE/AU related activities from ARCM design and maintenance to execution of monitoring routines, QRA, and ARA
- Design and implement relevant governance to ensure GRC related activities are appropriate monitored and executed across the region
- Partner with IBRC Cluster heads and other relevant stakeholders on the design and implementation of tactical and strategic enhancements to the GRC/MCA framework
- Create senior-level periodic reports to provide status updates and escalations, as needed.
- Collaborate with IBRCs in the region and provide guidance/support related to the Franchise Governance Management AU GRC process (Monitoring Tools, QRA, ARA)
- Partner with stakeholders in the region on the strategic design of the GRC/MCA standards
- Support the Monitoring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators and provide oversight of the controls implemented within the business units
- Coordinate with the IBRCs the GRC MCA process and results for the Countries MGEs (Monitoring Tools, QRA, ARA)
- Timely escalate issues, emerging risks, trends and themes to senior management and relevant forums as appropriate
- Identify opportunities to implement improvements in controls and governance processes, reporting and forums
- Promote Operational Risk awareness, issue self-identification and a strong risk culture
- Highly organized with a capability of working with a large number of business and functions teams
- Collaborate and share best practices or other relevant information with peers across the region
- Resolve day-day issues and conflicting workload priorities
- Provide critical support to a wide range of local and regional (as appropriate) activities following the guidance from the Regional In-Business Risk and Control Head
- The ideal candidate will be a take charge individual with excellent interpersonal skills and operational and analytical abilities
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with counterparts in different areas of the organization, working across geographies and corporate LOBs/ functions
- Ability to manage through influence (e.g. management in the absence of reporting lines or with matrix reporting)
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions
- Analytical and able to conduct interpretation of regulations and define applicability to processes, products and services
- Ability to influence, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Comfort in navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Quick learner, team oriented with strong organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and drive results in a deadline driven environment while maintaining attention to detail and complete accuracy
- Domain of GRC/MCA and its critical processes and components
- He/she should have knowledge of Compliance, Audit, Controls and Corporate Information Security policies and standards
- Capacity to proactively anticipate, identify, and resolve problems
- Ability to present internally and externally to senior executives
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and manage concurrent projects and deliverables, under tight deadlines to achieve deliverables according to the business requirements
- Self-starter who can work independently and with an appetite for challenging assignments
- 7-10 years experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Graduate degree, BS or concentration in Business Administration, Legal and/or Finance. MBA a plus
- Leadership skills including ability to work effectively and drive results with a virtual global team
- Up to date understanding of key risk and control concepts, tools and trends relating to risk identification, rating and prioritization, mitigation and reporting
- General understanding of financial institutions framework and applicable regulation
- Prior work experience in risk management/mitigation and controls
- Prior work experience in operational risk, compliance or operations
- Fluent Portuguese and English. Spanish a plus.
- Risk-based thinking and an analytical mindset
- Strong data analytical skills supported by appropriate technical skills
- Proficient in MS Suite applications
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Some traveling may be required
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs