LATAM Issue Management and Reporting Lead - SVP
The LATAM Issue Management and Reporting Lead will be responsible for the day to day management and oversight of LATAM regional issues and overall issue management practices across the LATAM region. He/She will also be responsible for the design and implementation of key reports leveraged in support to support to risk management activities as well as other managerial reports with primary focus on the regional needs and standard reports leveraged by the region’s IBRCs. He/she will report directly to the LATAM In-Business Risk and Control Head.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both as part of a team and independently are a must as this individual will be required to lead efforts single-handedly, as well coordinate very closely with In-Function Control Officers, and work alongside Business partners, Operational Risk Management, ICRM, AML, Legal, Risk, IA, Regulators and other stakeholders on a variety of initiatives. Will require frequent interaction with people at many levels of the organization, from junior analysts to senior management.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactive day to day management and oversight of regional issues in LATAM
- Design and implement heightened issue management standards and practices across the region in line but not limited to corporate standards
- Create and lead relevant governance to ensure issues and remediation of those across the region are appropriate overseen
- Partner with IBRC Cluster heads and other relevant stakeholders on the design and implementation of tactical and strategic enhancements to issue management standards
- Create senior-level periodic reports to provide status updates and escalations, as needed.
- Collaborate with IBRCs in the region and provide guidance/support related to the issue management standards
- Support the Monitoring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Coordinate with the IBRCs, issue owners and coordinators on the remediation efforts for senior management reporting and escalation as relevant
- Timely escalate issues, emerging risks, trends and themes to senior management and relevant forums as appropriate
- Identify opportunities to implement improvements in controls and governance processes, reporting and forums
- Promote Operational Risk awareness, issue self-identification and a strong risk culture
- Design and implement key reporting to support daily issue management activities of the region as well as senior management reporting
- Highly organized with a capability of working with a large number of business and functions teams
- Collaborate and share best practices or other relevant information with peers across the region
- Resolve day-day issues and conflicting workload priorities
- Provide critical support to a wide range of local and regional (as appropriate) activities following the guidance from the Regional In-Business Risk and Control Head
- The ideal candidate will be a take charge individual with excellent interpersonal skills and operational and analytical abilities
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with counterparts in different areas of the organization, working across geographies and corporate LOBs/ functions
- Ability to manage through influence (e.g. management in the absence of reporting lines or with matrix reporting)
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions
- Analytical and able to conduct interpretation of regulations and define applicability to processes, products and services
- Ability to influence, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Comfort in navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Quick learner, team oriented with strong organizational, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and drive results in a deadline driven environment while maintaining attention to detail and complete accuracy
- Domain of GRC/iCAPs, other reporting tools and their critical processes and components
- He/she should have knowledge of Compliance, Audit, Controls and Corporate Information Security policies and standards
- Capacity to proactively anticipate, identify, and resolve problems
- Ability to present internally and externally to senior executives
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and manage concurrent projects and deliverables, under tight deadlines to achieve deliverables according to the business requirements
- Self-starter who can work independently and with an appetite for challenging assignments
- 7-10 years experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Graduate degree, BS or concentration in Business Administration, Legal and/or Finance. MBA a plus
- Leadership skills including ability to work effectively and drive results with a virtual global team
- Up to date understanding of key risk and control concepts, tools and trends relating to risk identification, rating and prioritization, mitigation and reporting
- General understanding of financial institutions framework and applicable regulation
- Prior work experience in risk management/mitigation and controls
- Prior work experience in operational risk, compliance or operations
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
- Risk-based thinking and an analytical mindset
- Strong data analytical skills supported by appropriate technical skills
- Proficient in MS Suite applications
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Some traveling may be required
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs