Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
IPB US KYC Maker
- Primary Location: United States,Florida,Miami
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Commercial and Business Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19002045
International Personal Bank U.S. (IPB U.S.) is a segment of Citi’s U.S. Retail Bank that provides U.S.-based wealth management services to clients around the world. IPB U.S. offers its clients access to brokerage products and services as well as traditional banking products and services through three legal vehicles and offices located in the U.S. and several Latin American countries.
The KYC Maker position is responsible for providing end-to-end support to Relationship Managers (RMs) and Financial Professionals (FPs) to meet KYC requirements during the life of the relationship including Onboarding, Periodic Review and other Unscheduled Reviews.
This position is not client facing.
- Responsible to pre-fill the KYC profiles based on the documentation/information provided by the RM/FP, including:
- RMC Section (member data);
- Running Client Screening Solution (“CSS”) and Factiva (Adverse Media) searches, if applicable;
- Raising any open cases to KYC Risk Evaluation Management (“KYC REM”) team and/or Global Screening Operations (“GSO”) team, if applicable.
- Completing Call/Visit Report based on information provided by the RM/FP; and
- Completing the AAM form and performing a comprehensive review of account activity.
- Remediating client record execution errors
- Review and communicate with the RM/FP throughout the submission process, including working with the RM/FPif any portion of the KYC Profile is incomplete or rejected.
- Remediate any valid errors and/or observations identified during Quality Reviews of their cases and following the appropriate dispute process for any disputed errors and participate in any corrective action that requires their engagement.
- Escalate any potential, or material, AML or Sanctions risks discovered during on-boarding or maintenance of KYC Profiles to the RM, FP, BUCO, Direct Manager, ACRM, and/or FIU.
- Assist RM/FP with the completion of both scheduled (i.e. Periodic Review) and unscheduled reviews (e.g. HRAC, AIRs, Significant Changes, Batch Screening, KYC Deficiency Feedback Loop).
- Provide fluent / articulated story relating customer source of wealth, source of funds, activity, and all other relevant information required by the IPB U.S. AML Procedures based on information provided by the RM/FP.
- Provide constructive guidance to the RM/FP to successfully apply the IPB U.S. AML Procedures during completion of KYC activities.
- Manage interaction with RM/FP and other staff members, as needed, in support of AML/KYC activities, maintaining a high level internal client service experience.
- Comply with service level standards to complete KYC activities and address rejections made by KYC Checkers.
- Complete all required trainings pertaining to the function on a timely manner.
- Accomplish assigned tasks (including time sensitive tasks) within defined targets and adapt to changing priorities
- Minimum 5 years of Business experience in the Consumer and Commercial Banking industry
- Experience within a medium/large financial organization, including knowledge of banking products and different types of transactions
- Proven success in a client-focused environment
- Relevant work experience and understanding of global and local AML KYC regulations, associated risks of non-compliance and changing dynamics, and knowledge of KYC processes throughout the client lifecycle
- Understanding of the interdependencies of roles within KYC process and requirements for KYC records across relevant client types
- Experience with regulatory compliance, AML transaction/risk monitoring tools, and solving AML related issues
- Highly effective verbal and written communications skills
- Detailed oriented
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Proficient Microsoft Office user (i.e. Excel, Power Point)
- Understanding of Bank’s policies and procedures
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong commitment to the business and team
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Focused and driven attitude to support Sales with the Due Diligence process
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience