ICG Chief Sanctions Officer
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of best-in-class compliance programs, policies and practices for Sanctions. Ensures Citi’s sanctions framework meets global regulatory requirements and is commensurate with the size, complexity, and risk profile of Citi.
- Leading and managing a staff of Compliance professionals, with direct accountability for hiring and organizational structure. Direct oversight for compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc. Provides input on performance and compensation recommendations for Anti-Bribery and Sanctions officers and utilities that provide Anti- Bribery and Sanctions related services on a matrix basis.
- Managing the identification and assessment of sanctions risks. Ensures Sanctions compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework
- Directing the development and establishment of Anti-Bribery and Sanctions policies and procedures to mitigate risks. Overseeing compliance risk monitoring and measurement through a control framework and ensuring that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that Anti-Bribery and Sanctions controls are identified operating effectively.
- Overseeing the review, research and investigation of transaction activity for regulatory compliance with respect to Trade, Economic and Financial Sanctions including sanctions programs administered by the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control, United Nations, European Union and HM Treasury's Financial Sanctions, (collectively referred to herein as "Sanctions"), to meet legislative and regulatory requirements for Citi.
- Remaining up-to-date and abreast of regulatory changes, enforcement trends, emerging risks, industry best practices, and business changes that may impact the Anti-Bribery and Sanctions programs, and provide strategic direction for continuous improvement of the programs through the Anti-Bribery and Sanctions Executive Management Team.
- Establishing professional relationships with relevant regulatory bodies and represent Citi and the businesses supported on regulatory matters as required. Serves as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Anti-Bribery and Sanctions issues and oversees the implementation of related remediation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques, structure potential solutions, and drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience managing diverse teams, and comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style. Candidates must have effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and will display highly effective networking and influencing skills
- Executive presence and a reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders and leading teams, both direct reports and in peer/influence models
- Advanced knowledge of banking products/services and processes, U.S. regulatory framework (OCC, FRB)
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; Subject matter expertise in Anti-Bribery and Sanctions; experience managing a diverse staff; Advanced degree preferred
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs