HR Advisor Function Group Mgr - Global Functions LATAM HR
In LATAM/Mexico Citi maintains a physical presence in 21 countries with approximately 48,000 employees. Clients across LATAM/Mexico choose Citi for our global footprint, market position, in-country relationships and full range of solutions through our extensive suite of products and services. Citi LATAM produces annual revenues of over USD 10bn.
The LATAM HR Advisor (HRA) for Global Functions/EO&T is a direct report of the Senior Human Resources Advisor (SHRO) for Global Functions, EO&T and CBNA, with a matrix reporting line to the SHRO for LATAM. The role leads the team of HR Advisors who provide strategic HR leadership and a broad range of HR advisor support to the senior leaders of the following functions:
- Global Functions (GF’s): Risk Management, Compliance including AML (ICRM) , Internal Audit, HR, Legal including CSIS, Finance, Global Public Affairs, CAO
- Enterprise O&T (EO&T): CRS/Premises, IT, Continuity of Business, Global Functions Technology, Infra-Structure for Technology, Project Management Office, General Services, Procurement, HRSS, Financial Reporting.
- CBNA: Citibank National Association
The role also has responsibility for over 11,100 employees under these areas distributed across the region, including Regional Support Centers such as the Costa Rica Global CSC (Citi Service Center). The incumbent will partner with the teams of HR Generalists and Centers of Expertise (Talent Acquisition, Rewards & Mobility, Talent, Learning & Diversity, Employee Relations, and HR Control & Compliance) to deliver products and services for these employees.
Further, this position plays the role of liaison with Global HRAs, representing HR LATAM in the execution of the different global initiatives for the functions and EO&T, while taking into account the reality of the local markets/countries. The incumbent will be an active member of the senior management team for each of the functions above, partnering with senior leaders to align HR/Talent initiatives to business strategies, maximizing organizational and employee effectiveness, and helping the client groups to achieve business results. It will support the client groups to deliver on their priorities, which includes implementing a culture of risk management, improving our control practices, ensuring compliance standards are applied in all businesses and operations, and supporting the region in critical initiatives such as reengineering & transformations. For EO&T, the role will support the areas that are enablers of our businesses in the region, such as infrastructure, real state, procurement, among others.
The main responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Work as a strategic business partner. Build, develop and implement people strategies to enable business results; and measure progress against HR strategy & contribution to business strategy;
- Focus on organizational development, talent and building manager capability;
- Manage talent pipeline and succession planning. Support senior leaders in driving the Talent Management agenda;
- Accountable and responsible for HR delivery across the employee lifecycle. Partners with business leaders and the HR/COE’s on recruitment, talent management, learning & development, compensation, terminations, etc. Ensure long-term, multi-year impact in delivering these programs/services
- As an HR advisor drive risk management and compliance & controls agenda in the region, leading reengineering projects, amongst others. Understand risk impact of the different actions, and manage as appropriate;
- Leverage HR analytics to drive decision-making. Partner with HR/COE’s to bring key metrics and reporting to the function heads;
- Responsible for strengthening senior leadership effectiveness and coaching/development culture with the business;
- Participate in the recruitment and interview process for senior roles across the functions
- Escalates issues related to employee/labor relations, HR Risks & Controls, and other compliance/legal matters to Country HR Leads in the countries;
- Manage implementation of HR projects/initiatives in the functions including organizational efficiency reviews, high potential development programs, diversity initiatives, talent reviews, succession planning, and annual performance management process, year-end activities including promotional process, compensation and VOE (following guidance from the COE’s);
- Facilitates organizational change to meet business needs and resolve complex and diverse issues with substantial organizational impact;
- Lead and manage directly the team of HRA’s and HRG’s who support each of the functions (regional and in the countries).
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in an HR Advisory role.
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing people and leading teams in senior management roles.
- Experience in HR speciality roles preferred - Talent Management, Learning & Development, Compensation, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of the markets in LATAM
- Knowledge of Labor Relations laws and regulations in LATAM
- Experience in the financial industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA/Master’s degree preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Integrity and high professional standards.
- Knowledgeable on how to embed and facilitate changes in culture.
- Proven skills in leadership, including strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Strong business acumen and learning agility.
- Evidenced strong relationship management and client servicing skills.
- Proven strong influencing and consulting skills.
- Ability to partner, advise and coach senior leaders (at regional and global scope).
- Strong understanding of operations at country level to address human capital issues effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work through ambiguity.
- Champion a culture of high standards, push for progress, embrace change and challenges the status quo.
- Results orientation – ability to commit to and follow initiatives through completion.
- Ability to develop and articulate a point of view with strength of character to make unpopular decisions when assertiveness is necessary and “push back” on clients when necessary.
- Ability to get support and implement, across organizational boundaries.
- Collaborative “team player” orientation with a strong cultural awareness.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect, and cooperation among team.
- Role model, leading by example and showing a balanced approach between company needs and our commitments to employees.
- This role provides an opportunity to influence and partner with senior regional leaders of different functions in the execution of their strategies, which ultimately impact business results. It enables incumbent to coach leaders and drive strategic HR initiatives related to organizational development, talent and manager capability. It also provides an opportunity to learn in depth about the bank’s operating model, working with a broad range of functions across the Region. It enables exposure with global senior HR partners, as the role will represent HR LATAM for the given functions.
Miami is the designated location for this position.
Job Family Group:Human Resources
Job Family:HR Advisors & Generalist
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs