Compliance Sanctions Sr Officer l - Governance and Infrastructure
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions control processes and setting global standards to manage and mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective application and implementation of, and controls to evidence adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies and procedures.
This role directly supports Citi's Sanctions Key Projects oversight, that refers to work efforts deemed as critical and for which enhanced monitoring and oversight is required. For this purpose, this position will include involvement with seniors in FCC Sanctions and Business (with focus on TTS, Markets and Securities Services). Data analytics is a key component of the role including preparing and presenting project status reports related to defined commitments for each sanctions key project in the Book of Work, and monitoring and documenting identified risks and issues to senior management and business partners.
- Executing and implementing firm-wide sanctions risk management policy as well as the strategic ICRM direction; maintaining the AML compliance program for the businesses (assessment of risks, development of policies, procedures, governance).
- Designing and maintaining elements of the ICRM Sanctions Framework; Advising and overseeing adherence to procedures and processes for compliance by front line units meet required standards; Directing technology solutions that enable effective and efficient compliance risk management solutions.
- Supporting investigations and interactions with the U.S. Treasury Departments' Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and/or local government authorities.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Global Sanctions Policy and relevant procedures to verify adherence to applicable requirements. Working closely with ICRM Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit in the evaluation of results and proposed remedial actions, identifying opportunities to conduct more targeted comprehensive reviews. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the Framework by accountable front line units; directing investigations in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR or as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively within team and more broadly across business/functional line management to assess complex issues, structure potential solutions and drive effective resolution within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Interacting with Management to raise awareness of Sanctions trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the program. Assessing the impact of issues/violations (legal/regulatory, policy, reputational, etc.) and dimensions control process gaps to help management define disciplinary and corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Participating in and managing, as appropriate, various internal assurance processes, e.g. Regional Enterprise wide and Horizontal risk assessments, self-assessment, internal audit or compliance assurance reviews.
- Analyzing data, preparing and presenting regional and global reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of sanctions related issues and escalations with senior management and global partners.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and typologies
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, vlookups)
- Power Point presentations
- Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience working in an OFAC risk product (treasury/cash management, trade, correspondent banking) role; Advanced degree preferred
proficient in Excel and other basic work tools
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs