Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Settlement Analyst – Trade SupportApply Now Locations: Melbourne, Victoria Job Function: Operations - Transaction Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19126566
The role of the Settlement Analyst within the Trade Support Team is to provide a pro-active settlements service and client support to all Citi’s domestic and international clients, both investor and intermediary and interested stakeholders covering products which includes equities, fixed income, A&T, MF, PE and Cash products for both AU and NZ markets. The role is also to assist in the progress and review of the design and maintenance of processes and procedures pertaining to the support process to achieve the best outcome for our clients, this involves but is not limited to the identification of the most efficient and effective process to perform tasks while maintaining the strongest control environment.
- Proactively assist the team in processing as required all instructions received in both AU and NZ markets, this can cover Equites, FI, Cash, A&T, MF and PE and includes pre-matching, settlement and fails management. Client instructions are received via SWIFT, Fax, CDS or other manual authorized methods.
- Proactively process and manage to settlement any physical, unlisted/delisted, cross border conversions and off-market transfer requests received STP or manually in both AU and NZ. This can include instructing, pre-matching, settlement and fails management of Instructions received via SWIFT, CDS or other manual approved methods.
- Proactively assist the team in monitoring the flow of trades to ensure accuracy and adherence to our communication and service standards.
- Proactively managed records around incoming instructions, queries and documentation in the appropriate database system.
- Proactively monitor system lines ensuring uninterrupted messaging flow between systems and clients/stakeholders.
- Liaise with our partner KL COE SFE team in regards to STP Processing of AU activities, code creations and transaction repairs.
- Ensure the production and or prepare and distribute any Intraday and End of Day holding adjustment reporting to all internal stakeholders as required and ensure follow-up and clearance of these items
- Assist / Prepare, distribute and Monitor daily failed transaction reports to identify potential errors/fails which place the bank under transaction risk and ensure correct follow-up on all outstanding failed transactions (escalation of all failed transaction over 30 days)
- Assist / Prepare and manage client credit requirements on a case by case to be completed on settlement day in conjunction with the a/c management, risk and credit teams process
- Proactively monitor payment and settlement systems to ensure escalation of issues and transaction clearance and resolved without client / stakeholder impact.
- Assist/Participate in the preparation of weekly/monthly TS settlements fee reports for presentation for billing processing, MBR presentations and client service meetings with operations management and the account management team.
- Assist / Participate in all new client take on boarding to ensure a smooth implementation on an ad-hoc basis.
- Assist / Participate in all system testing and process improvement projects when requested.
- Monitor Control reconciliation reports, investigate and ensure all breaks are escalated and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Assist / Participate in the design and maintenance of process procedures and documentation pertaining to our support functions and processing.
- Assist / Participate in cross training programs, intra team or external teams as required to further develop your own skill-set and to be able to provide support to other teams as required. This potentially incorporates performing duties on NZ Settlement function support.
- Comply with the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Computer literacy - Experience on clearing systems i.e. CHESS, EXIGO and RBNZ
- Working knowledge of the Equities, Fixed Income and Cash markets in Australia and New Zealand or in other financial markets. (Essential).
- Working knowledge of SWIFT. (Not essential).
- Strong communication skills and excellent attention to details.
- Highly organized, accurate and with an ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours (7.25hrs) within a range of 06:00am to 19:00pm to match market requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Securities Institute (SIA) or tertiary qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 2 years Settlements / Client Service experience, gained within a broking or custody environment.
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.