Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Research Associate Telco Media and Technology
- Primary Location: Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19004446
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi is looking for a motivated person to join its highly respected Research team as an associate in the Telecommunications, Media and Technology sector The role provides an opportunity to work on the full range of research activities, with a particular focus on building and maintaining Excel models, industry data analysis and research reports.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in sell-side research or relevant industry experience either in corporate strategy role or finance Your analytical ability is the crucial ingredient We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, demonstrates the financial skills to scrutinise a company’s strategy and prospects and has a passion for financial markets .
- Supporting the Analyst covering the TMT sector by conducting examinations of the companies involved
- Compiling, analysing and maintaining industry models and databases
- Building and maintaining financial models used to forecast company earnings and valuations
- Responding to client requests
- Preparing company and industry reports in a clear and succinct manner
- Initiating and developing new research ideas
- Assisting sales and trading teams in the timely analysis of breaking news in the sector
To be successful in this roles you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in finance or accounting
- Likely to have post-graduate qualifications i.e., CFA, MBA, Masters, Chartered Accounting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience either in a sell-side research role or a corporate development / strategy role in a TMT business with significant to exposure financial statement analysis
- Strong financial & analytical skills to critically dissect earning reports and develop detailed financial models to produce rigorously supported valuations
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to articulate investment insights and research in written products
- Ability to make sound decisions based on earnings forecasts and industry trends
- Accounting expertise with an ability to interpret financial statements and models
- Strong working knowledge of financial sector companies and financial industry
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.