Head of Business Change & Controls
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The individual will have overall responsibility for the day to day operations of one of four teams within Melbourne Fund Services operations. The strategic intent of this role is to identify and support the execution of required Operational changes in line with business objectives to deliver the desired client experience.
The individual will require strong client service orientation and ensure that all current and future client needs are met by having appropriate communication and reporting to all relevant stakeholder groups on all agreed change initiatives.
In addition to day to day management, the individual will drive policy and planning, have active involvement with senior management both locally and cross boarder on matters related to CFS (Custody & Fund Services) operations whilst determining the feasibility of new products/services and technological support. They will lead the implementation of new clients and organic growth from an operational perspective whilst working in partnership with our offshore affiliates where significant accounting and custody work is located.
They will oversee projects and process enhancements with our Product and Business partners and develop the team for the efficient and accurate administration of internal procedures and compliance with internal/external policies governing the CFS business. They will drive process improvement whilst mitigating risk and coaching staff through the change management framework.
In addition, this role will provide centralised support to the Funds Operations Group to co-ordinate incident management including review of cause and monitoring of agreed remediations. As a central point of contact for all incidents across all funds units, this individual will ensure all corrective action plans are administered and tracked.
Excellent communication skills along with good interpersonal skills and an analytical approach are essential.
- Lead and / or project manage change requests, implementations, system developments and projects across Funds Services Operations
- Preparation and analysis of proposed changes, gathering consensus between business requirements and technology deliverables to ensure smooth implementation of projects
- Operations representative/lead on Program level implementations and broader change management teams
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with our Product partners, Client Executives, Technology, Business Support, on shore/off shore Operations groups, Operational Risk, Compliance & Legal to ensure the delivery of change initiatives and tailored solutions that will meet the expectation and needs of both clients and regulators.
- Connects with all Custody & Fund Services operational streams across sites and cities.
- Connects with AU/NZ PMO Governance
- Manages business analysis for operational process improvements whilst mitigating risk.
- Responsible for overseeing departmental procedures and controls.
- Responsible for related systems testing and review.
- Responsible for the review of all related MCA (Management Control Assessment) processes across Funds Services.
- Responsible for the coordination of COB ( Continuity of Business ) across the Funds Operations.
- Responsible for management of EUC’s ( End User Computing ) across Funds Operations whilst strategic solutions are being explored, tracked or implemented
- Responsible for overseeing, tracking all outstanding items at risk.
- Manage all internal and external audits on behalf of Funds Operations
- Participate in client presentations / due diligences
- Responsible for the coaching, training and motivation of staff
- Responsible for staff appraisals and development
- Technical/Specialist skills/competencies
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Tax concepts.
- Strong understanding of Transfer Agency/Unit Pricing
- Strong understanding of Alternative Investments
- Strong understanding of Superannuation Funds
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong background and experience in back office administration processes and procedures.
- Ability to solve complex issues and apply an appropriate risk management response
- Ability to identify and address control risks
- Ability to manage audits and reviews
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project Managemen
- Business/Industry knowledge/competencies
- Strong knowledge of the Australian funds management industry specifically pertaining to superannuation models and structures
- High level of experience in back office administration processes and procedures.
- Capacity to mitigate operational risk
- Extensive knowledge listed and unlisted securities.
- High level of understanding of audit standards and control risks.
- Knowledge of taxation rates and laws for Australia and New Zealand.
- Knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand markets.
- Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and influence diverse group across multiple locations.
- Ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and changing fast pace environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Energetic, motivated and adaptable to change
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients and stakeholders in a congenial manner.
- Excellent attention and accuracy to detail
- Drive process improvements and change whilst mitigating risk
- Strong team player.
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly in a high-pressure environment
- Participate in team development and personal development programs.
- Self motivated and independent
- Role model for values, diversity, partnership, management practices and communication
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Transaction Capture Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs