Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Fund Accountant Oversight Officer
- Primary Location: Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18068543
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The role of a Fund Accountant is an integral role within the Fund Services operation as one of its key responsibilities is to review, provide oversight and support to all our off shore centres. These centres are an extension of the Operation therefore excellent communication skills are a key requirement within this role. The review and oversight responsibilities will include but are not limited to investigating and resolving all valuations/unit pricing produced that are outside tolerance levels, reviewing KPI’s/KRI’s ensuring all SLA commitments have been met whilst ensuring all monitoring requirements meet the Asia Pacific Outsourcing Governance Policy. Staff within this team will be involved in process improvement projects ensuring efficiencies are gained in a controlled environment and will assist with the implementation of new funds. Training within the unit is also a key component, ensuring that staff are updated on changes to accounting standards, improve their knowledge across systems whilst ensuring their own individual development is on track. This individual will play a role in building new client relationships as well as servicing existing client relationships.
- Review and monitor all pricing discrepancies outside tolerance of Investment funds, fund of funds & Superannuation funds.
- Review trades, cash, corporate actions and accruals to ensure accuracy of client valuations.
- Review & monitor all reconciliation discrepancies of all client cash and security positions to custody.
- Review calculation of fees to the fund managers, administrator and other service providers.
- Provide support for investigating/clearing all exceptions/breaks in a timely manner and ensuring any aged items are escalated via the proper channels.
- Provide support for all necessary governance reporting.
- Provide transactional processing support for respective products.
- Provide oversight and support to our off shore centres.
- Provide effective and pro-active communicationto all our off shore centres, other stakeholdersand clients
- Provide creative solutions to reduce errors and to ensure adherence to audit and control policies.
- Provide back-up coverage for team members and assist team members during high volume periods.
- Perform price variance analysis.
- Respond to queries raised by internal stakeholders as well as clients.
- Meet reporting deadlines in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- Participate in quarterly MCA reviews.
- Bachelors qualification in Finance / Accounting
- Accounting qualification or part qualified, such as CPA, ACCA or CIMA is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of Unit Pricing
- Strong understanding of Superannuation Funds
- Strong understanding of Accounting concepts.
- Strong understanding of Unit Registry / Transfer Agency
- Ability to meet client deliverables accurately and on time.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Exposure to managed fund products.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and fast pace environment.