Pardon our dust! We are enhancing our application system to improve the Citi recruitment experience. Due to this upgrade you may be asked to create a new profile when you apply for a new job. If you submitted an application prior to July 21st you can view the status of your application and manage your documents via the Manage Existing link in the Create/Manage Profile drop down in the top right corner of this page.
Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Corporate Actions OfficerLocations: Melbourne, Victoria Job Function: Operations - Transaction Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19107502
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide clients of Citi with Corporate Action services for the Australian and New Zealand financial markets including; notification of all corporate actions / Income /proxy voting events; accurate processing of client instructions; allocation of entitlements and superior client service.
- Monitor announcements of Corporate Action / Income / Proxy events are being monitored through various sources, including ASX/NZX announcements, IRESS and company documentation.
- Input Corporate Action/Income announcements into EMC/SECORE system for advices to be sent to clients.
- Establish control records for each corporate action and monitor events by way of a diary system.
- For entitlement events ensure that all clients’ entitlements are created and reconcile to CHESS.
- Create claims where applicable and follow up until resolution.
- Collate client instructions and complete entitlement forms, plan applications to companies in accordance with defined guidelines and client instructions.
- Reconciliation of all tax and payment to ATO and NZ Inland Revenue Departments.
- Despatch of Direct Credit and Dividend Reinvestment plan applications to companies in accordance with defined guidelines.
- Process payment of income distributions to clients.
- Credit cash / assets resulting from Corporate Action entitlements into client accounts.
- Assist other functions in the department where directed in times of need or to cover staff absences.
- Actively participate in an environment of consistent improvement.
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Corporate Actions – Rights, Capital Reconstruction, Take Over and Mergers
- Knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand equity markets.
- Ability to comprehend difficult concepts and to disseminate information in a precise comprehensible format.
- Ensure that ASX Business rules are upheld and that compliance issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure the current procedures are followed.
- At least 2 years industry experience with a stockbroker or custodian area.
- Securities Institute Australia (SIA) qualifications preferred (not essential).
- MS Office.
- Experience with clearing systems i.e. CHESS, Exigo, and RBNZ.
- Experience with industry messaging i.e. SWIFT.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Ability to receive direction.
- Participate in team development and personal development programs.
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients in a congenial manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to assist others when required.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Tertiary qualifications preferred.
- 2 + years Market Experience.
- SIA Diploma (not essential).
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.