Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Control OfficerApply Now Locations: Melbourne, Victoria Job Function: Operations - Transaction Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20224551
- Perform daily and periodic stock & cash reconciliation functions both within systemic solution as well as manual reconciliation tracking. Analyse and address exceptions trends with respective units
- Monitor that prompt follow-ups are administered within the team to ensure exceptions are closed within prescribed timeframes
- Prepare weekly custody escalation reports to managers across both custody and funds units
- Support vault tracking and reconciliation of unlisted asset classes
- Ensure departmental procedures are up to date from technical as well as policy perspective
- Responsible for pro-active client service to both internal and external clients
- Responsible for related systems testing and review in UAT environment
- Support AU/NZ monthly billing functions and monitoring of clients custody fee receivables
- Perform daily sanctions screening process of all non STP transactions on behalf of the operation
- Support account opening and maintenance process for AU and NZ markets
- To assist in the coordination of internal and external audits and reviews
- Coordinate quarterly MCA/GRC testing for both DCC and Funds
- Perform COB support (continuity of business) responsibilities for Melbourne operations
- Perform Records Management duties for Melbourne operations
- To manage operational EUC program, reviews and associated support requirements on behalf of Melbourne operations
- Drive change management process adherence across all custody related asks both operational and regulatory in nature
- Provide support to governance and oversight activities across Melbourne operations inclusive of monthly business reviews (MBRs), ICSA & ADR updates and SLA tracking
- Coordinate and support any policy reviews or operational deep dives as driven locally or by the regional controls team
- Support any P&L and incident reporting review and analysis, provide independent feedback and support on corrective actions
- Proactively support any efficiency ideas and proposal drives to further streamline control and operational processes
- Administration, tracking and timely close out of any operational corrective action plans CAPs
- Support of monthly account proofing process
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Citi Code of Conduct
- Adhere to firm’s policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
- Responsible for monitoring and supervision of the business units to ensure compliance with firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements (including International Standard Organisation, ASX, ASIC and NZX Business Rules).
- Responsible for ensuring the business unit is appropriately qualified, adequately trained and maintains its competence
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Technical/Specialist skills/competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of the firms Service Level Agreement, compliance for both external and internal clients, and ensure that the department delivers a superior service
- Strong background and experience in back office administration processes and procedures
- Reconciliation and intermediate to advanced mathematical skills
- Ensure that ASX Business rules are upheld and that compliance issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure that procedures are updated in a timely manner
- Knowledge of internal Citi compliance policies
- Ability to identify control risks and document them for action
- Ability to manage audits and reviews
- Business/Industry knowledge/competencies
- High level of experience in back office administration processes and procedures
- Capacity to mitigate operational risk, for the long-term and short term
- Extensive knowledge of CHESS / Austraclear / RBNZ settlement processes
- High level of understanding of audit issues and control risks
- Knowledge of basic taxation rates and laws for Australia and New Zealand regarding With Holding Tax (WHT).
- Knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand equity, fixed income and cash markets
- Personal Attributes/Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with and influence a diverse group of team members
- Ability to manage multiple projects alongside day to day tasks
- Ability to prioritise tasks in order of importance and the ability to meet deadlines
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with clients
- Aptitude to identify and enhance process inefficiencies
- Willingness to proactively assist others within direct and indirect teams structures
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Tertiary qualified or SIA qualified preferred but not a requirement.
- Description of minimum work experience required for this tole
- 5 years market experience.
LEVEL OF AUTHORITY (optional)
- Personally authorises
- Data input
- Training Courses
- Documents under power of attorney
- Process changes
- Profile activation
- Discusses with manager before authorising or actioning
- Write offs
- Employing additional staff
- Significant structural changes
- Recommends to manager for action
- Enhancements to systems and processes.
- New projects.
MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY (if relevant)
- Financial Parameters
- Operating Risk to portfolio holdings (safe keeping).
- Number of direct reports 0 Number of indirect reports 0
KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
- Settlement / Client Service Unit, Corporate Actions Unit, Funds Services Units
- ICG Control & Risk Unit.
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Unit
- Human Resources
- Internal Audit (IA)
- Client Executives
- Product Group .
- KPMG, Client Advisers, Other Custodian, Fund Manager, Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), Australian Taxation Office, New Zealand Inland Revenue Office, Sydney futures Exchange CHESS, Austraclear and Share Registries, RBNZ.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Securities and Derivatives Processing
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting