Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Business Change and Control ManagerApply Now Locations: Melbourne, Victoria Job Function: Compliance and Control Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19138160
Forming part of the In Business Control Team the Business Change Manager responsibilities include management of change across the custody team, project management support and coordination, UAT system testing and operational efficiency support. Role is also responsible for coordination of all operational requirements for technology developments, BRD review and sign off as well as assisting in implementation of the ongoing changes as required by regulators, business, operations and clients. Stakeholder management, client liaison as well as regulator and counterparty market liaison also form also part of the responsibilities.
In addition to the above, the role responsibilities will also include support of BAU In Business Control functions such as cash and stock exceptions investigation, MIFT processing, static data updates, safekeep account opening, governance and oversight, sanctions screening, change management support, records management, vault administration, COB and MCA/GRC testing.
The role will oversee projects and process enhancements with our product and business partners and coordinate development of the efficient and accurate administration of internal procedures and compliance with policies governing the business. Successful candidate will drive process improvement whilst mitigating risk and coaching staff through the change management framework.
- Project management of change requests, implementations, system developments and projects across Direct Custody and Issuer Services Operations.
- Participation as operations lead in all projects impacting custody.
- Preparation and analysis of proposed changes, gathering consensus between business requirements and technology deliverables to ensure smooth implementation of projects.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with our Product Partners, Client Executives, Technology, Business Support, on shore/off shore Operations groups, Operational Risk, Compliance & Legal to ensure the delivery of change initiatives and tailored solutions that will meet the expectation and needs of both clients and regulators.
- Connects with all Securities Services Operational streams across sites and cities.
- Connects with AU/NZ, regional and global PMO teams.
- Manages business analysis for operational process improvements whilst mitigating risk.
- Responsible for coordination of related systems testing reviews and releases.
- Responsible for overseeing, tracking all outstanding items at risk.
- Participate in client presentations / due diligences
- To assist in coordinating quarterly MCA/GRC testing for both DCC and Funds
- To provide COB support (continuity of business) responsibilities for Melbourne operations
- Provide Records Management support duties assisting the Records Management Officer.
- To manage operational EUC program, reviews and associated support requirements on behalf of Melbourne operations
- Drive change management process adherence across all custody related asks both operational and regulatory in nature
- Support any P&L and incident reporting review and analysis, provide independent feedback and support on corrective actions
- Assist the Head of Control team to coordinate Internal and External Audits.
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Strong understanding of all Custody & Issuer Services products and overall business flows across corporate actions, settlements, client service and control
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong background and experience in back office administration processes and procedures.
- Ability to solve complex issues and apply an appropriate risk management response
- Ability to identify and address control risks
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project Management
- Strong knowledge of the Australian & New Zealand markets specifically pertaining to custody, broking and unlisted assets space.
- High level of experience in back office administration processes and procedures.
- High level of understanding of audit standards and control risks.
- Capacity to mitigate operational risk
- Extensive knowledge of CHESS / EXIGO / NZ Clear settlement processes
- Knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand markets.
- Knowledge of taxation rates and laws for Australia and New Zealand.
- Ability to work productively in a continuously evolving, complex and changing fast pace environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Energetic, motivated and adaptable to change
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance related field or business studies equivalent.
- 5 years’ markets experience
When you work at Citi, you will be working for an organisation that truly has a global footprint and a powerful network that spans the globe. We celebrate individual ingenuity and use the diversity of our people in order to drive high performance. Through dedicated support, training and resources, we promote our talent and future leaders to bring about lasting and positive impact. Citi Australia is an Employer of Choice for Women and supports a flexible work environment.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - AU
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.