Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
ROHQ - ISG - KYC Client Contact Analyst
- Primary Location: Philippines,National Capital,Manila
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18079715
The Client Contact Center within the Research Support Unit is an AML/KYC support/control function within the Institutional Clients Group responsible for the preparation, development, due diligence and approval of the electronic KYC Record and supporting appendices in partnership with Relationship Management and Compliance teams.
Every new and existing client of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group is required to have a KYC Record before an account can be opened. The KYC Record outlines important information about the customer.
There is a requirement to conduct research for company information from both internal and external sources, documenting specifics required to satisfy regulations. There are differing requirements depending on where the account is being opened. There is a constant need for KYC Record review as there are periodic renewals of the required due diligence carried out based on the risk of the client.
The BSU owns the end to end KYC process from creation/renewal to approval of the KYC Record and supporting local country appendices.
Core KYC Deliverables
- Collate client information/documents from internal and external sources (CitiKYC, AMC, Regulatory websites, company website, Dun & Bradstreet, Google etc.)
- Assess gathered information for accuracy, completeness and validity
- Have foresight on risk rating changes and proactively communicate additional requirements at the initiation stage to avoid delays in the KYC process
- Update KYC workflow database regularly throughout the day
- Carry out name screening of entity, directors, beneficial owners, senior management via the firm’s screening tools (Citi screening, Factiva, etc).
- Read, analyze and assess articles for applicability on case being worked on. Additional research to be done via approved sources to support findings.
- Perform initial screening disambiguation using available data and disposition based on the following options: Potential, True or False Match.
- Draft rationale for screening disposition to include primary identifiers, secondary identifiers and supporting documentation (if applicable) based on the Global AML Name Screening Standard.
- Create and maintain accurate client records in CitiKYC
- Ensure all relevant documentation are stored according to standards for future review
- Establish and manage client relationships for the purpose of facilitating submission of documents/ requirements
- Communicate KYC requirements and establish target dates with external clients via phone and email
- Identify client problems/issues as it relates to KYC and escalate promptly to identify opportunities for improvement
- Meet established target dates to avoid service disruption on client accounts/trading activities
- Build deeper client connections by gaining institutional knowledge and understanding of client business structures
Note: Role does not involve any sales, solicitation and/or marketing of the firm’s products to clients
- Articulates ideas clearly, concisely and with confidence
- Employs appropriate methods of communication depending on the type of information that needs to be conveyed; is sensitive to client and colleague needs
- Demonstrates accountability and is seen by others as reliable
- Viewed as an effective problem solver, overcomes obstacles and leverages processes as needed
- Exhibits a strong understanding of relevant technology, business programs and Citi formats
- Demonstrates planning skills, is responsive and exhibits basic project management skills
- Identifies and directs opportunities that will contribute to improvements in processes, delivery of results, client service or product quality to maintain Citi’s leadership position
- Exhibits resilience to change and is not afraid of making mistakes
- Actively researches the markets and the industry to identify creative and innovative solutions that can respond to clients' needs - looking at both traditional and non-traditional competitors for learnings
- Seeks out opportunities to widen one's perspective to better understand clients' needs
Leadership & Partnership
- Builds institutional knowledge and shares same by training more junior colleagues
- Provides recommendations on how to improve work results
- Begins to role-model expected behaviors when requesting and receiving feedback (factual, concrete and actionable)
- Holds self-accountable to act on development opportunities, while leveraging strengths
- Establishes and nurtures relationships with clients, key partners and stakeholders
- 1 – 4 years’ experience in banking, finance, or law
- Experience in client contact services, level 2 helpdesk support, account management, account renewal
- Experience in control/risk or Compliance (AML/KYC) function (an advantage)
- Knowledge and experience of the technologies and processes used in Citi
- Knowledge of local regulatory KYC/AML requirements
- Proficient use of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Access)
- Language: English
- Other languages an advantage
- Proficient use of KYC applications ( an advantage)