ICG Technology, Summer Software Engineer, Manama (Europe, Middle East and Africa).Req ID 80017105 Location Manama, Bahrain Job Category Technology
You're the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Summer Software Engineering Analysts to join the Technology team. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses— and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy.
Our Citi Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-office applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a "follow-the-sun" model and are required to have their applications running 24/7.
Your time here will look something like this...
As a Software Engineering Analyst, you will work in an agile software engineering environment, developing quality and scalable software solutions using leading-edge technologies. Based on your understanding of business requirements, you will develop code consistent with quality standards, and offer support during testing cycles and post-production deployment. To ensure defect-free programming, you will use the appropriate tools to test and debug code, and participate in the review of peer coding.
You will have the opportunity to focus on a variety of technologies, like the following:
* Learn about best Enginering Excellance practices, Minimum Development Standards and Minimum Operational standards set and followed at CITI.
* Opportunity to work on a small project/Proof of Concept using Core Java/C#/.Net with a SQL/No-SQL DB as backend(Oracle/MongoDB/Neo4J/Redis/HDFS/Cassandra) and React JS/Angular based front end.
* Get basic understanding of latest design and software architecture patterns and frameworks - Microservices, APIs, Spring Core/MVC/Boot/Cloud, REST and so on.
* Get basic understanding of event streaming/messaging systems using KAFKA or similar technology.
* Understand CI/CD with exposure to various software development tools like : JIRA, Zephry, BitBucket, TeamCity, uDeploy, Artifactory, Openshift(ECS/Docker)
* Exposure to Containers using Docker/Kubernetes
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The Summer Analyst Program starts in June with an in-depth education on the fundamentals of the Analyst role, as well as the nuances of Citi’s culture. The program also includes on the desk training, an informative speaker series as well as networking opportunities. Summer Analysts often return to Citi after graduating from University to become full-time Analysts and continue their career in technology.
We want to hear from you if...
* You have a passion for Technology
* You have evidence of project management, leadership, teamwork, attention to detail and communication skills
* You are committed to personal growth and career development, and a desire to be successful in a team working environment
* You are graduating in 2024 and on track to obtain a GPA of 3 and above
Who we think will be a great fit...
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Commitment to personal growth and career development, a strong desire to learn, and success in team environments
* Effective communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
* Passionate about technology
* Ability to multi-task with sharp problem solving skills
* Adaptable and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
* Positive attitude and keen to learn.
* Commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
We will begin to review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based Seef Area, Bahrain
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs