BCMA, Investment Banking, Placement Analyst, September 2023, Madrid, SpainReq ID 80017293 Location Madrid, Spain Job Category BCMA Investment Banking
You're the brains behind our work.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for placement analysts to join the Investment Banking team in Madrid in September 2022. The Investment Banking group advises corporate clients who want to raise funds in capital markets and who need strategic support in financial transactions. Initiatives you may be working on with clients include mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financial restructurings, underwriting and distributing equity, debt and derivative securities. If none of these terms make sense right now, that’s ok! Our placement is designed to help you increase your knowledge, so whatever your degree is in we will give you the training and support you need to excel.
Your time here will look something like this...
* Collect and analyze company information to assist transactions, including conducting industry research, revising and organizing financial data
* Analyze financial data and develop financial models including company valuations, discounted cash flow analysis, financing and comparative analyses
* Create and finalize new business development presentations
* Coordinate tasks with internal and external working teams
* Prepare required internal documentation e.g. control and compliance regulations
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. During our 4-6 months placement analyst program you will be assigned to Iberia coverage group, where you’ll focus on financial analysis and business development.
We want to hear from you if...
* You are studying a degree that allows an industrial placement
* Your are in your penultimate/final year of university and pursuing a degree in any discipline during the placement analyst program
* Your are expected to achieve or have achieved a 2:1 (or Spanish degree equivalent 7)
* Have an interest in business
* You are fluent in Spanish and English
Who we think will be a great fit...
We’re looking for motivated individuals, who are eager to start their career at a global organization, tend to think globally, and have an innovative outlook on business. We know that anyone, not only those in business degrees, can have a transferable skills for business and we are open to all disciplines. We value diversity and so do you.
We’ll also be looking for the following:
* Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
* Intellectual curiosity and proactive approach to searching for new and creative ideas
* Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
* Commitment to personal growth and career development including mobility and flexibility. You also have a strong desire to learn, are proactive, building rapport and relationships in team environments
* Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
* Interest in business
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
“Don’t overthink and keep an open-mind. You will learn on the job, whilst there is some technical knowledge that can be learnt prior to joining the large majority comes with time and experience.” Reesha Analyst, Platform Sales
“During analyst rotations, it is important to be a sponge and absorb as much as possible. Actively listen during conversations and take notes so that you can ask follow-up questions.” Haley Assistant Vice President,
Equities and Securities Services
“The caliber of people at Citi is really high. They’re technically competent, fundamentally driven, and hungry to succeed. And I’m proud to work alongside them.” Fa'eez Investment Banking Analyst
“Citi wants to hear junior staff’s ideas. Because the company might know how finance is done historically, but we can provide new insight on what innovations we should be implementing to make it better.” David Corporate Banking Analyst
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. At Citi, learning and self-development is integral to our culture and you can expect to continue to be challenged every day – it’s how we make progress. We take a hands-on learning approach to support your growth and learning.
You’ll learn everyday by doing client work, analysis and other challenging assignments. Get on-the-job practice and feedback from Citi experts as you hone your skills alongside your peers.
You’ll have honest, open interactions with leaders of all levels and focus across our company. From networking events to work shadowing, you will have meaningful conversations and experiences at Citi.
You’ll also have access to our suite of functional courses and eLearning modules to ensure you have the knowledge you need for success. And when you’re ready, we have a whole host of leadership programs and coaching awaiting you.
You’ll also do more than just be a great partner to our clients. You’ll have the opportunity to give back and make a positive impact where we live and work through volunteerism.
Innovation Through Diversity
Join Our Talent Community
Opportunities for students and graduates change throughout the year. If you’d like to be notified about new opportunities, join our Talent Community by choosing your region and completing the form.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs