Valuation Control VP - FX, Local Market Rates and Treasury (Hybrid)
We are seeking an outstanding candidate within Valuation Control Group (VCG) at a VP level for the FX and Local Markets (FXLM) EMEA team.
Independent Price Verification (IPV) is a key function within Citi and the team is a vital part of the Controllers organization. The goal for VCG is to provide exceptional quality analysis, while at the same time ensuring a robust control framework around the firm’s inventory valuations.
The FXLM responsibilities will include oversight and management of valuation control responsibilities for that business. The regional responsibilities will include development of relationships with key stakeholders in the region, as well as coordination of deliverables to other stakeholders, such as Internal Audit and external regulators.
VCG is a cornerstone of the Controllers Organization. The function is organized into product-aligned teams including a dedicated Price Verification team. The product scope is comprehensive and includes a full range of security and derivative products.
Key responsibilities of VCG are to perform the independent price verification for Citi’s financial inventory, create valuation adjustments and evaluate the valuation implications of new trade activity.
VCG has a matrix organization with global business-aligned teams as well as a regional/local structure, which spans across businesses.
The successful candidate will play a critical leadership role within the team, supporting the EMEA Head of FXLM Valuation Control.
- Responsible for valuation control related production, such as Independent Price Verification, Valuation Adjustments and Fair Value Hierarchy results
- Responsible for timely reporting and communication of results and significant matters to senior key stakeholders and the EMEA and Global Head of FXLM VCG
- Relationship management across other functions within Finance (Product Control, Accounting Policy, Local Finance) and the Front Office (Market Risk, Trading/Business Managers, Model Risk, Quants etc)
- Leading and supervising the Warsaw VCG Team responsible for the EMEA portfolios
- Representing EMEA FXLM when facing local country regulators, external and internal auditors
- Relationship management and development across other peers within FXLM and across other asset classes to ensure consistency of processes and controls
- 6+ years related Finance experience, ideally in a financial control, valuation or related discipline
- Financial products and valuation related knowledge is a strong plus
- Proven ability and experience in leading managers of managers, with ability to oversee staff in multiple locations
- Experience influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders
- Strong communication, leadership skills and intrinsically motivated, with experience of presenting to large meetings with multiple participants
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships across multiple internal stakeholders
- Evidence of strong control focus
- Ability to work in a Finance role with multiple stakeholders and in an organization with a matrix management structure
- Excellent project management skills, driving change globally and communicating and tracking projects effectively
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered.
- Excellent people skills: management and leadership; develops people; inspires and empowers the team and individuals
- Drives innovation
- Anticipates and demonstrates understanding of expectations and needs
- Works collaboratively across the organization
- Challenges self and colleagues to higher levels of performance
- Treats people with respect
- Pushes for culture of high standards and curiosity
- Sets positive tone and inspires enthusiasm
- Assists in executing the vision set forth by senior management and is responsive to changes in environment
- Sets the standards for the highest integrity in every decision
- Has the courage to always do what is right and the humility to learn from mistakes
- Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives
- Prioritizes and provides clear line of sight to most critical work
- Sets clear goals and measures progress
- Expects self and team to consistently meet/exceed expectations
- Control mind-set
- Strong influencing and presenting skills
- Ability to communicate and deliver key messages to senior audience
- Bachelor’s degree in any finance, accounting or quantitative related subject (exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience competencies)
- Leadership skills
- Control focused
- Team player
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines and locations
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Product Control
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs