SVP, Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) Communications Lead
Title: Senior Vice President, Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) Communications
About the Team
Global Public Affairs seeks to enhance and protect the reputation of Citi, its businesses and the brand through direct and indirect communication with Citi's various stakeholders, including our colleagues. The Business and Corporate Communications team is a nimble team within Global Public Affairs that covers a broad scope of responsibilities in a dynamic and fast-moving environment. The team is responsible for designing and driving communications efforts that span executive communications, quarterly earnings, sponsorships and corporate social responsibility as well as our lines of business and functions. Within Citi, the team works with a wide range of internal partners, including senior leadership, and coordinates closely with other members of the Global Public Affairs team around the world. Members of the team also serve as company spokespeople to media and regularly engage with a variety of other external stakeholders.
This is a high energy, hardworking and affable team that values colleagues who anticipate what needs to get done and act accordingly, are quick thinkers and can problem solve matters that arise unexpectedly, are intellectually curious, and who have high professional standards and deliver a thoughtful work product. We operate with a client service mindset and always strive to bring an energetic and fresh approach to our work.
About the Role
As Citi undergoes an important and exciting strategy refresh, Citi Commercial Bank is front and center. This role will work as a key partner to the business and its executive team to manage external and internal communications for CCB, which will be one of the key growth drivers for Citi. Through conceptualizing and implementing impactful PR campaigns that promote CCB’s products and services; launching innovative programs that enable the brand to show up differently; protecting and enhancing the reputation of the business with media and other key stakeholders; and crafting engaging content for colleagues, this is a highly visible role within a business with that will be a key growth engine for Citi. This position is an excellent opportunity for a creative, driven and poised individual to play a key role in shaping and amplifying CCB’s narrative.
This role will:
- Serve as strategic counsel to the CCB’s Global Head and leadership team in support of their overall communications strategy and colleague engagement.
- Lead the development of proactive, creative strategies, programs and tactics to highlight CCB’s value proposition and promote its products and capabilities.
- Maintain/build relationships with top tier financial press and key media outlets covering commercial banking and mid0sized companies poised for rapid growth and international expansion.
- Write and edit press releases and other communications materials including talking points, press statements, award submissions, pitches, interview briefings, and colleague memos.
- Translate complex messages so that they are easily understood while still presented in the unique voice of the bank or specific executive.
- Develop, maintain and foster relationships at all levels internally including senior level executives, peers, and the broader team.
- Maintain a passion for protecting and enhancing the reputation of our firm.
- Oversee external public relations agencies to ensure that they are focused on priority projects and delivering on KPIs.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards
- Bachelor’s or University degree preferred, preferable in Journalism or Communications or another related field.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably for a Fortune 500 company, or in an agency supporting Fortune 500 companies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proactive, determined and results driven.
- Creative mindset and ability to generate innovative ideas to create surround sound for the business.
- A team player with a track record of success delivering high-quality work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Superb judgment, problem-solving ability and resourcefulness.
- Strong command of and experience with consumer financial services preferred.
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Orientation
Job Family Group:Communications and External Relations
Job Family:Communications Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs