Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Supply Chain Finance Supplier Acquisition Specialist VPApply Now Locations: London, England, Dublin, Leinster Job Function: Product Management and Development Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19113756
Citi is seeking a Supplier Acquisition Sales specialist as part of the Trade Supply Chain Finance team, a rapidly growing product within Citi Trade. This is a client facing and revenue generating position where the candidate will interact with Citi corporate clients on a daily basis. Core responsibilities include creating and executing program growth strategy, pitching Supply Chain Finance to potential clients, and project management.
You need to demonstrate your experience of leading sales efforts; we are looking for someone who thrives in what can be a challenging environment and is able to drive a positive mind-set across the wider team.
The ideal candidates needs to be a high energy individual who is happy working through detailed / granular solutions – while also being able to present effectively to a senior audience (client and internal) – with confidence and conviction.
Being able to communicate and present with creativity and impact is a must to be successful in this role.
• Coordinate and execute the sales and onboarding of suppliers for various Supplier Finance programmes
• Be the main onboarding point of contact for both buyer and suppliers for assigned mandated programmes.
• Manage strategy to achieve the highest possible revenue results (top spend suppliers, auto finance, pricing negotiations).
• Proactively reach out to suppliers to sell the programme.
• Negotiate terms, documentation, pricing with suppliers.
• Ensure the end-to-end process is clear to the supplier and all information is relayed in a timely manner.
• Handhold suppliers until they are comfortable with the programme.
• Manage communication with back-office teams (Operations) to ensure timely set-ups
• Work with supplier banks to ensure Citi receives required priority interest in asset financed
• Manage Buyer relationship and the intermediation between suppliers and Buyer on all Supplier Finance related matters.
• Interaction with Buyer representative for all set ups, onboarding, important queries.
• Manage day to day Buyer communications for important suppliers.
• Relay and coordinate information flows to/from Buyer (Procurement team) and internal teams (TCS, Operations, Customer Service).
• Put together supplier analysis and other materials for client presentations.
• Lead initiative to shorten onboarding turnaround time, streamline documentation and enhance communication channels/marketing materials.• Management and tracking of supplier activity in our internal system/dashboard.
• Contribute to shaping an accelerating double digit growth business
• Develop cross-industry knowledge
• Acquire a thorough understanding of political and economic risk considerations in transacting in EMEA & beyond.
• Develop an awareness of corporate perspective on trade and procurement topics
• Get experience which supports a Credit Officer qualification
• Opportunities to get product and structuring expertise
• Exposure to external clients and development of leadership/management skills
• Interaction with various internal teams will develop efficiency and project management skills
• Development of technical/analytical skills through the creation of supplier analysis and management of supplier pipeline details (asset size, revenues, forecasts, etc)
- Multi-lingual professional preferable. Exceptional candidates who only speak English may also be considered.
- Prior knowledge of Trade preferred, and specifically Supply Chain Finance.
- Experience working in a corporate treasury or procurement function and advantage.
- Prior sales experience and track-record preferable.
- Comfortable in client facing influencing role.
- Ability to easily interact with stakeholders across multiple countries and disciplines.
- Strong communication skills essential, in particular the ability
- to drive client engagement through effective formal presentations.
- to quickly build consultative/positive relationships with clients.
- to make message relevant by tailoring to level and function of stakeholder.
- to write concise, organised, persuasive responses.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent planning, organization and coordination skills.
- Individual must be a team player and have a 'can do' attitude.
- Basic finance knowledge of computation of interest etc
- Bachelor’s/University degree
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job Functions
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.