Senior Audit Manager - Quality Assurance - Regulatory Issue Validation - Institutional Clients Group
Citi's Internal Audit (IA) division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
IA maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) function that reports to the Citi Chief Auditor and the Group Audit Committee. The QA function provides independent assurance that IA has achieved and is maintaining appropriate standards of internal audit delivery (set against both IA’s own internal standards and the Standards and Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors).
The role involves close liaison with the global audit teams to ensure appropriate understanding, access to and the correct application of the IA methodology. With an overall objective to perform QA RIV audit activities that provide an independent assessment of IA activity specifically related to Citi’s regulatory remediation projects and the OCC/FRB Citi Consent Order. This role will primarily focus on Institutional Clients Group IA activity.
The role is based in London / Belfast, UK or Warsaw, Poland and will report to the QA RIV Director Institutional Clients Group.
- Operate independently as a QA partner, supplemented by QA subject matter experts, to provide centralized QA support for key Regulatory Issue Validation projects across the Institutional Clients Group Internal Audit (IA) teams.
- Lead QA reviews and provide assurance over the quality of IA’s work via formal QA products including reviews of Issue Validation strategies and work papers.
- Assist with managing the pipeline of key regulatory projects requiring QA review; performing and ensuring consistency of QA’s check and challenge of IA’s validation work; identify thematic areas for improvement; assess regulatory validation methodology end-to-end, from receipt of exam letter to final IA validation.
- Collaborate with IA Learning & Development to lead and coordinate delivery of regulatory validation methodology training to auditors (and stakeholders, as needed), including tailored training if required.
- Support IA teams in regulatory matters, including review of responses to regulators and presenting directly to regulators as required.
- Support the QAD RIV in fostering a strong QA partnership with the IA teams, sharing insights and value-added feedback to audit teams in relation to quality results, best practices, themes and trends.
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance to the assigned audit teams on methodology-related matters by leveraging experiencing and using professional judgement.
- Be a change agent in the continuous improvement program to deliver and maintain a best in class QA function, sharing best practices and lessons learned with the IA teams
- Assist with periodic ad-hoc projects (e.g., research and development of QA specific training).
- Assist the QAD in reviewing key internal QA deliverables and external deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and meet strict deadlines, both internal and external (e.g., regulators).
- Willingness to assist other QADs on an ad-hoc basis to ensure consistent utilization.
- Solid experience in a related role
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated success in business, functional and people management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Auditors for Audit - Don't deal with 1st or 2nd line
Must have internal audit experience
Have a background within FS
Corrective planning experience
Validation and quality experience (assurance)
MRA / Enforcement experience within a regulated environment
Job Family Group:Internal Audit
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs