Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
SalespersonApply Now Locations: London, England Job Function: Institutional Sales Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20153165
Office Location: 25 CANADA SQUARE CANARY WHARF, WEST INDIA DOCKS LONDON, E14
Competitive Salary Offered
· Citi is a leading DCM, ECM and M&A house. Given our dominant position as the largest FX bank across the globe, tThis role will leverage our leading position in global rates and currencies to originate Rates & FX deals on the back ofconnected to Citi-led and non-Citi led eventsM&A.
· Rates & FX Origination is a regional role that covers both Western Europe and CEEMEA and is part of the Risk Management Solutions team
· This role will report into the Global Head of Risk Management Solutions as well as the CSS Heads of W.Europe and CEEMEA
· Build strong working partnerships with Corporate Sales, Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, CMO, other product partners, Risk, Compliance, Ops and Trading to build and maintain a robust business
· Responsible for driving the strategy and direction for the business in order to increase revenues and enhance client engagement.
· Primary coverage responsibility of Sponsor clients for episodic FX and rates
· Responsible for working in partnership with Corporate FX Sales and Corporate Solutions Group to increase origination and execution of originating and executing M&A related Rates & FX business in EMEA and working in partnership with FX Sales and Corporate Solutions Group.
· Responsible for working in partnership with Corporate FX Sales and Corporate Solutions Group on deals originated by them related to M&A hedging
· Work in partnership with the EMEA RMS team to bring solutions to our clients that bring share of mind and increased wallet penetration
· Work with Corporate FX Sales and Corporate Solutions Group to Sourcesource, and execute and maintain episodic pipeline of EMEA client opportunities linked to M&A and other BCMA business for both Citi and non-Citi led transactions
· Work with Corporate FX Sales and Corporate Solutions Group to execute EMEA client opportunities linked to M&A for both Citi and non-Citi led transactions originated by Corporate FX Sales and Corporate Solutions Group
· Build a strong working relationship with RMS team globally, corporate sales heads in EMEA and corporate sales teams globally to work in collaboration with the teams
· Identify key sponsor relationships and work with BCMA to provide active Rates & FX coverage to sponsor names
· Build a relationship with Brokers for sponsors (ie eg PMC and Chatham) to originate deals
· Have a sound understanding of Citi’s KYC procedures, credit allocation procedure, target market restrictions etc
· Have a sound understanding of Citi’s Market Risk and NPAC procedures
· Set up a disciplined approach to pipeline reviews with BCMA, with good follow-up on deal progress
· Maintain a detailed pipeline of deals and disseminate the M&A deal tracker to sales
· Build strong relationships with industry and country heads in BCMA and have regular meetings to run them through pipeline, market updates, themes in the market etc
· Be up-to-speed with Citi dealing procedures
· Be adaptable and have quick turnaround on pitchbooks for various deals
· Engage with clients to pitch deals to clients along with BCMA/ Corporate Sales
· Maintain a regular dialogue with trading on current pipeline [in line with Citi procedures]
· Ensure you are advising clients on appropriate hedging strategy on a transaction
· Understand the principles and process of conflict clearance. Pre clear trades with compliance and create a deal team post approvals
· Ensure that where the deals require analytical work, Risk Solutions team is pulled in
Have a good understanding and experience of the following:
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships, negotiate and influence others.
· Sales process and best practices
· Working in high pressure situations with short time constraints
· Client facing with strong negotiation and influence skills
· Confidence in interacting with colleagues at all levels of management
· Collaborative approach with a focus on partnership with key stakeholders to foster origination and promote cross-sell opportunities
· Experience advising on foreign exchange, derivatives, or financial markets sales with a top investment, commercial bank or similar.
· Experience in M&A deals or large episodic transactions
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience
Posting Date: 21st January 2020
Closing Date: 18th February 2020
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.