Risk - UK CRO's Office - Regulatory Risk Manager - SVP
The role is supporting the UK/Citigroup Global Markets Limited (CGML) Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and team in the regulatory risk management of the CGML legal vehicle and supporting the UK CRO’s Office in delivery of strategic and regulatory projects.
This role reports into a Director in the UK CRO’s Office who reports into the UK CRO. The UK CRO is the Chief Risk Officer for Citigroup Global Markets Limited (CGML) and CBNA London Branch. The UK CRO’s team is responsible for managing Risk regulatory requirements including those relating to CGML (Citi’s major broker-dealer entity).
Responsibilities will primarily consist of supporting the UK CRO's Office in a number of areas:
- Responsible for the coordination of Risk Management's input, and delivery of, CGML’s Trading Book Wind Down exercise, including for example, producing detailed quantification of risk based hedging costs, risk based losses, impact of credit downgrades, and analysis across all risk types.
- Responsible for production of Trading Book Wind Down documentation and compilation of data, including narrative that describes the firm's Trading Book Wind Down strategy and plan.
- Execution of the role will require liaising with the relevant Front Office, Finance, Risk and Technology subject matter experts, and in order to formulate proposals for methodology enhancements.
- The role includes responsibility for coordinating and presenting the review and approval of results at the relevant governance Committees and forums, and the development of control procedures and frameworks within which the process must operate.
- With Trading Book Wind Down being core to assessments of resolvability, the role will require provision of Risk Management input into CGML's recovery and resolution planning / activity and will also cross reference and link to other regulatory deliverables including CGML's ICAAP process.
This role will provide unique visibility, be cross-functional in nature and provide exposure to different businesses, products and risk types. The position involves a significant amount of interaction with Citi’s senior management and subject matter experts and direct involvement in some of the most critical strategic projects for Citi in the UK. The candidate will gain a strong understanding of market, credit, operational and liquidity risk and how senior management manages those risks across the legal entities and the region.
- Detailed working knowledge of the principles of market risk, counterparty credit risk, balance sheet / liquidity.
- An understanding of Citi’s business model and/or that of other financial institutions.
- Previous experience in a relevant role, with responsibility and a strong track record for delivery of significant regulatory deliverables/submissions or scenario based impact assessment exercises is preferred.
- Project management experience in delivering complex / multiple programmes, often with competing deadlines.
- Highly numerate, with strong quantitative and spreadsheet skills, with the ability to analyse, interpret and present data in a readily digestible format using the latest charting/diagrammatic presentation techniques.
- Exceptional writing and presenting skills, with the ability to synthesize complex concepts and translate into "user-friendly" language, and effectively present in long-form documents or slide format to senior colleagues.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyse large amounts of information;
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills, with an ability to build a strong internal network across First Line and Second Line functions and within Risk Management;
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to "roll up sleeves"; tireless work ethic.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet the above criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
The candidate should demonstrate an appreciation of a diverse workforce, should appreciate differences in style or perspective and use differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
This job description does not constitute an offer of employment. Any offer and subsequent employment may be subject to certain terms and conditions, including a number of screening conditions such as a satisfactory criminal records bureau check.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Regulatory Risk
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs