Relationship Manager, Citi Commercial Banking UK, Healthcare
This new and exciting role is based in London (Canary Wharf) and has come about following Citi’s ongoing commitment and investment to support the international growth plans of UK businesses.
Citi Commercial Bank UK (CCB UK) was established in 2016 to support the international growth plans of UK headquartered businesses. The success of the CCB UK team has led to considerable client growth and the provision of innovative banking & financing solutions to a number of commercial banking clients across five key industry verticals - Healthcare, Industrials, Digital/Technology, Business & Professional Services and Payment Intermediaries.
As part of CCB’s ongoing commitment to serve UK companies with international growth plans, we have created a dedicated Healthcare client coverage team. The objective of the team is to leverage Citi’s unique and globally diversified commercial banking offering to support the international banking & financing requirements of established Mid-Market corporates and leading disruptive companies in the MedTech and Biotech sectors.
This role will be reporting to UK Head of Healthcare, with a primary responsibility for acquiring new commercial banking clients’ and deepening existing client relationships.
The successful candidate will possess sector knowledge, strong credit skills, a proven record in originating & acquiring new business and excellent client relationship skills. UK banking sector experience and a solid understanding of the UK Healthcare sector is preferred, with strong knowledge and connections in the local market.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Managing key client stakeholder relationships (CEO, CFO, Treasury) and bring the ‘whole bank’ to the client to ensure exceptional client service. Utilise Citi’s market leading insights to build strategic dialogue & relationships with senior management teams.
- Be the ‘Best for our clients’ by understanding our clients’ banking & financing needs, in particular how clients will benefit from Citi’s unique global offering across International Cash Management, Capital Markets, FX Risk Mitigation, International Trade & Treasury and Working Capital Management solutions.
- Strong collaboration across Citi’s Commercial Banking franchise, utilising Citi’s global network of local banks’ – Citi has a banking presence in 98 countries and provides banking services in 160 countries. Responsible for maintaining overall control and accountability for the cross-border transactions of UK clients.
- Establish a robust understanding of Citi’s commercial banking proposition and risk appetite. Proactively apply knowledge to the strategic plan and pitch Citi’s value-add proposition to target clients.
- Develop and maintain strong ties with Commercial Banking teams across the global network, in particular CCB colleagues working across the ‘Healthcare’ sector vertical and CCB colleagues supporting subsidiary businesses overseas (Company Subsidiaries Group).
- Strong track record in self-originating new business including the identification of target clients, proactive account planning, effective pipeline management, building & leading collaborative deal teams, leading on client & prospect pitching activity and executing transactions.
- Responsible for representing Citi Commercial Bank across the Healthcare sector, establishing a sales & marketing plan, attending events and leading on social media activity.
- Strong sales & self-origination disciplines, including direct calling/marketing, professional network referrals and sector influencer referrals.
- Develop and build strong relationships & engagement with key business introducers - debt advisors, corporate finance, legal, audit, industry associations and other key industry influencers. Build advocacy and gain market insight. Visible advocate of the UK franchise, increasing the profile of Citi Commercial Bank across the UK ‘Healthcare’ sector.
- ‘Thought leadership’ approach to relationship banking. Ability to utilise Citi’s market insights, innovative tools & global solutions to add value to clients looking to grow internationally.
- Thorough understanding of key commercial banking processes & solutions, including KYC/on-boarding, Transactional Banking, FX, Trade, Treasury, Working Capital Management and Lending products.
- Close interaction with risk, product, implementation and client on-boarding teams, ensuring we offer clients’ the best level of service as their international banking partner.
- Team player - Demonstrates strong and visible leadership skills, fosters a collaborative culture and promotes the coaching & development of other colleagues across the Commercial Banking team.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong personal brand, excellent communication skills, proven relationship management skills, strong financial analysis & credit writing skills, an ability to influence key internal & external stakeholders and a strong record in originating new business and delivering results.
- Responsible for coaching and developing other members of the ‘Healthcare’ team and the wider UK Commercial Banking team.
- Work collaboratively with other sector teams and departments including Investment Banking. Share best practice across teams in order to deliver ‘best in class’ relationship management to new and existing clients.
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Relationship Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs