Relationship Manager Associate - Industrials, Citi Commercial Banking UK
Citi Commercial Bank UK (CCB UK) offers its clients the convenience, a global banking network, thought leadership and global financial capabilities of Citi. We deliver extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and dedicated service support to UK headquartered Mid-Corporate and Mid-Cap businesses, with a global footprint, and within annual revenue ranging from $50m to $2.5bn. We are focussed on providing banking and financial solutions to our clients across key growth industries for CCB UK, including Industrials, Business Services, Digital & Technology and Healthcare.
The Industrials team provide Citi’s unique global commercial banking coverage to companies operating within wide range of manufacturing sub-segments, transport & logistics, and some others, providing traditional corporate / commercial banking products as well as investment banking products to its clients. Our business partners include product specialists from Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, M&A, Corporate Finance, Treasury Services, Corporate Derivatives and Private Banking.
This new and exciting Associate role has come on back of strong growth of the Industrials team in the CCB UK. The role will be reporting to CCB UK Head of Industrials, will be based out of London (Canary Wharf), and with primary responsibility of working alongside the bankers on servicing the banking & financing needs of Mid-Market clients, deepening existing client relationships and acquiring new commercial banking clients’ across the Industrials sector.
The successful candidate will possess commercial banking knowledge, a proven track record in providing excellent client service and strong commercial client relationship skills.
Key Skills & Responsibilities:
- Support and manage key client stakeholder relationships (FD and Treasury). Bring the ‘whole bank’ to the client to ensure exceptional customer service. Utilise Citi’s market leading insights to build strategic dialogue & relationships with finance teams.
- Be the Best for our clients’ by understanding our clients’ banking and financing needs, in particular how clients will benefit from Citi’s unique global offering across International Cash Management, Liquidity, FX Risk, International Trade & Treasury and Working Capital Management solutions.
- Day-to-day banking & financing support – includes primary point of contact for all support and documentation related escalations, work on customer due diligence / KYC for new to bank clients as well as existing client base, handle documentation related to client on-boarding, initiate CRM workflow for account opening and other Treasury & Trade Solution (TTS) products.
- Transaction support - Manage existing base of key client relationships for transaction level support. Handle communication and follow-ups with all departments (Risk, Credit Lending Management, Ops, etc.) to solve client instructions. Support on existing client and new-to-bank credit & pricing approvals.
- In addition to actively supporting Relationship Managers, take ownership of a small portfolio of growth clients - provide active feedback on emerging product needs, competitive practices, and ideas on process/product improvement. Deliver value-add solutions and bring efficiencies to client banking needs.
- Strong collaboration across Citi’s Commercial Banking franchise, utilising Citi’s global network of local banks’ – Citi has a banking presence in 98 countries and provides banking services in 160 countries. Responsible for maintaining overall control and accountability for the cross-border transactions of UK headquartered Mid-Market businesses.
- Establish a robust understanding of Citi’s Commercial Banking proposition, Business & Professional Services sector proposition and risk appetite. Pitch Citi’s value-add proposition to clients.
- Develop and maintain strong ties with Commercial Banking teams across the globe, in particular CCB colleagues working across the same sector vertical (Industrials) and CCB colleagues supporting subsidiary businesses overseas (Commercial Subsidiaries Group).
- Understanding of key commercial banking processes & solutions, including KYC/on-boarding, Transactional Banking, FX, Trade, Treasury, Working Capital Management and Lending products.
- ‘Thought leadership’ approach to relationship banking. Ability to utilise Citi’s market insights, innovative tools & global solutions to add value to Mid-Market businesses looking to grow internationally.
- Close interaction with risk, product, implementation and client on-boarding teams, ensuring we offer clients’ the best level of service as their international banking partner.
- Team player - demonstrates visible leadership skills, fosters a collaborative culture and promotes the coaching & development of other colleagues across the Commercial Banking team.
- Work collaboratively with other Commercial Banking sector teams. Share best practice across teams in order to deliver ‘best in class’ relationship management to new and existing clients.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong personal brand, excellent communication & organisational skills, proven client relationship skills and financial analysis/credit skills.
- Commercial/Corporate banking experience
- Experience in a client facing role
- Knowledge of cash management, trade, lending, FX, capital markets and other banking solutions
- Commercial/Corporate Banking skills
- Relationship skills and ability to maintain an effective network across the organization
- Organisational skills. Ability to multi-task.
- Building Client Relationships. Customer interaction/service. Sales skills.
- Effective collaboration with Commercial Banking product partners
- Controls & compliance
- Integrity & Professionalism
- Project and People Management
- Proficiency with Microsoft and CRM applications
- Understanding of lending process and implementation/on-boarding process advantageous
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Job Family Group:Commercial and Business Sales
Job Family:Commercial Sales Support
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs