Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Relationship Associate FIG - Corporate BankingApply Now Locations: London, England Job Function: Institutional Banking Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19143992
UK Financial Institutions Group
The Relationship Associate (“RA”) is an integral member of the BCMA coverage team, delivering essential client service and assisting with relationship management.
The value that the RA brings to the team is the operational oversight of managing the client relationship on a day to day “Business As Usual” basis. The RA acts as a primary trusted contact for Corporate Banking clients, coordinating the resolution of a broad range of queries for these clients.
The RA also manages queries and requests from Citi’s own internal function groups (such as Credit Risk, AML, EDM) and product partners (TTS, Securities Services, Loans Agency), and from local bankers across Citi’s GSG network.
- Build relationships with various internal partners and external audiences to provide support for a range of client needs covering multiple products and services including foreign exchange, cash management, custody services and trade services;
- Facilitate credit approvals and credit allocations to clients, including obtaining the relevant facility agreements and support documentation, as per client requests and Citi’s own credit approval rules.
- Partner with Risk Managers and Risk Operations to ensure the allocations are correctly booked, that transactions are mapped to the correct allocation, that bilateral loan facilities are billed accurately, and that Standby Letters of Credit are renewed on time.
- Using Citi’s proprietary systems as well as public sources where appropriate, perform financial and operational investigations into credit exceptions, data integrity issues, KYC integrity issues etc., ensuring timely resolution, and client satisfaction if appropriate;
- Coordinate with bankers (whether PAM team or Subsidiary RMs), the KYC Documentation Group (KDG) and product partners, to ensure the timely & accurate completion of KYC records, whether for onboarding of new entities or renewal of existing KYC records.
- Identify revenue opportunities and position certain products with clients, depending on the opportunity and credit appetite.
- Partner with the Analysts and Associates with the preparation of relationship reviews, credit reviews and client portfolios
- Attend client meetings with the banker/coverage team, and represent the coverage team at client meetings when needed;
- Ensure correct mapping/marketing hierarchies in Citi’s systems are kept up to date, to ensure that the revenues earned from products & geographies are reflected accurately;
- Assist with Banker activities in the absence of the Banker, including making decisions and assisting in closing transactions, as needed;
- Assess various risk factors when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for Citi’s reputation and also the reputation of its clients and assets, by complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Citi’s KYC, AML, ESG and other related Policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding business practices and personal conduct, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency;
- Participate in projects, thought-leadership exercises and similar forward-looking efforts to drive improvement and positive change to the procedures followed and systems used by the broader RA community.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3-5 years of experience in a professional role/s that involve close attention to detail and client-facing tasks;
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication (to be tested at interview stage);
- Commercial skills/experience (eg: financial accounting, financial analysis, industry awareness etc.) preferred but not essential;
- Client-focused, detail-driven, and results oriented;
- Able to exercise sound judgment;
- Able to work as part of a team but also function as a self-starter, taking ownership of issues and queries and coordinating efforts to achieve successful resolution;
- Persistent and organised, able to juggle multiple priorities.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.