Operational Risk Manager- Processing Risk - VP
Citi is currently recruiting for a Vice President (Operational Risk Officer) professional for the Operational Risk Management Processing Risk Design Group with well-rounded knowledge and experience in Operational Risk Management, Lean or Lean Six Sigma methodologies and ICG asset classes to play a leading role in process and control design optimization and risk mitigation for Processing Risk.
Your role will be to partner with senior leaders across Citi businesses to drive end-to-end processing risk transformation, putting the customer at the center of the process and designing and enabling change to reinforce that position. Through the application of Lean tools and techniques, you will identify major pain points, investigate their root causes and provide innovative solutions to mitigate risk that transforms the client experience. You will become a trusted and independent advisor to the Business, upskilling and empowering our people to independently solve problems for the benefit of our clients.
The Operational Risk Officer is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically, a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Establishes and oversees the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks.
- Independently assess process and control design, risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices. Includes:
- Leading projects to identifying waste, pain-points and risks in the process and control environment using Lean tools (including basic Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, SIPOC’s, Time and Motion studies, Benchmarking, etc.) and presenting findings to Senior Leadership.
- Organizing and leading Kaizen workshops, guiding the businesses on executing Root Cause Analyses and identifying Action Plans for the elimination of Root Causes to solve various Business and Process issues that achieve project/program objectives.
- Advising the businesses on target state optimized processes and controls opportunities, identified policy and procedure gaps and implementation options for the future state.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for all performance issues that surface.
- Issues Management (KPI/KRI/Corrective Action Plans)
- Resolves transactional level escalations coming from the vendor or internal partners
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Monitors goals are met through performance, risk and relationship oversight of our extended supply chain and ensures compliance
- Collaborates to resolve any issues which fall within the terms of the contract. Escalate those that require commercial or legal support.
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Experienced applying Risk Management, CitiLean, Lean or Lean Six Sigma methodologies. Experience in management consulting and/or internal consulting for risk mitigation, process and control design, process improvement, re-engineering and/or developing automation solutions will be highly valued.
- Experience with Citi's ICG businesses will be highly valued.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization and with internal and external partners and vendors. Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships. Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Detailed oriented with analytical thinking and strong data analytics capabilities, as the role requires a large amount of data manipulation and presentation. Expert in Microsoft Office Tools.
- An understanding of Citi's businesses, the major strategic issues and the Senior Management landscape would be beneficial.
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Operational Risk
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
Featured Career Areas
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs