MSS Global Head of E-Trading Risk & Control
MSS Global Head of E-Trading Risk & Control
The Markets and Securities Services business at Citi provides world-class solutions to meet the needs of our corporate, institutional, government, and individual investor clients in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span across a large number of different asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of product offerings.
On trading floors located in over 80 countries, we work to enrich the relationships, products, liquidity, and technology that define our market-making presence in North America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
As part of our commitments to our customers and stakeholders, the Markets and Securities Services business at Citi continues to enhance its Risk and Control function via collaboration with our revenue businesses to develop, implement and operate robust Front Office controls.
The E-Trading Risk and Controls (ETRC) team is part of the Markets and Securities Services (MSS) COO function. ETRC’s responsibilities include:
- Governance and oversight of E-Trading businesses across MSS, which includes annual attestation/review of key E-Trading documentation, and MiFID II Annual Self-Assessment;
- Real-time monitoring of Citi’s algorithmic trading activities for signs of disorderly trading;
- Co-ordination of Manager Control Assessment
- Project management of key MSS wide E-Trading initiatives and remediation of corrective actions arising from Regulators and Internal Audit.
The role would entail managing a global team, liaising with Regulators, Internal Audit and Senior Management within MSS, Technology and Second Line functions, as well as representing E-Trading Businesses and ETRC in key committee and board meetings. In addition, providing oversight for real-time monitoring of global E-trading activities by Citi’s traders and clients for signs of disorderly trading.
The role also requires relevant experience in ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, namely MIFID II, as well as supporting and contributing to the enhancement of the E-Trading related risk control framework, through strategic control enhancement projects.
The role therefore has a critical part to play in ensuring best business practice, as well as meeting the expectations of global Regulatory bodies.
- Management of the global real-time monitoring team, and the review of any escalations to management and second line where necessary.
- Oversight and project management of key E-Trading initiatives and remediation of MSS enhancement projects. The BAU initiatives include MiFID II Annual Self-Assessment, and the annual attestation/review of key E-Trading documentation by the Businesses.
- Oversight and development of the Manger Control Assessment for both MSS Businesses and ETRC.
- Management of key E-Trading tools that are being developed by ETRC.
- Regular meetings with Regulators, External and Internal Audit functions and managing queries from these stakeholders. In addition, ensuring any new Regulatory guidance is reviewed to ensure compliance.
- Representing ETRC in the E-Trading Risk Management Committee, as well as providing E-Trading updates to key management committees and board meetings.
- Managing relationships with Senior Stakeholders within Business, Technology, Risk and Compliance.
- Development and coaching of team members.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Excellent understanding Conduct Risk along with full markets trade lifecycle across front office, middle office, back office and control functions and associated infrastructure.
- Excellent experience in E-Trading, either through a controls related or trading role
- Extensive experience in managing a global team
- Excellent influencing, communication skills, and experience liaising with regulators and senior management to provide periodic updates
- Extensive knowledge of E-Trading regulation (e.g. MiFID II RTS 6, SR 7-11) and guidance (e.g. PRA SS5/18)
- Tenacious hands-on problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to balance short-term and medium-term remedial action
- Ability to identify and manage dependencies across large parts of the front office and control functions
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
- Proven manager and leader to be able to motivate, further develop the existing team. Leading in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Creating & leading high performance teams.
- College/university education preferred,
Extensive experience in senior leadership roles with an exceptional track record of delivery.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs