Match Your Skills
Let us search jobs for you based on the skills and experience listed in your LinkedIn™ Profile.
Career OpportunityApply Now
Metals Corporate Coverage
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Sales
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17057304
Origination role within the Commodities Business responsible for covering the EMEA corporate space including producers, miners, smelters, refiners and traders. Product focus is across precious, base and ferrous. The position is in London where there are currently 2 Originators, 3 Sales people and 11 traders in the Metals, Ferrous and Freigh business.
The key functions of this job are to:
• Deliver structured commodity-linked finance for either capex or working capital needs. Products include though not limited to mining finance ( loan + hedge, project finance, prepaid finance, commodity exchangeable, deal contingent swaps) and/or inventory finance( repos, three-ways, rent deals),
• Deliver derivative hedging solutions to the corporate client base,
• Work closely with Corporate and Investment bankers to deliver the commodities product suite to the Firm’s wider client set
• Some product approvals may not yet be in place to execute all transaction types
• MIFID II may present headwinds for product roll out and/or client onboarding
• Target Market considerations
Critical Success Factors: (Deliverables for next 12 months)
• Delivery of Citi’s full complement of a value added products to existing and target clients of the Firm.
• Delivery against a strategy that leverages the Firm’s strength of balance sheet, global footprint and commitment to growing the commodity business.
Citi’s commodities metals business currently boasts a combination of experienced professionals with a structured commodity pedigree and a relatively new set of product approvals that give the business the latitude to expand into new revenue streams. In this case there is scope to develop from both the incumbent DNA pool AND the projected growth of the business as its product suite matures. Moreover, with ambitions to expand the business there is scope for product development and ownership that allows individuals to put their name on business lines.
• Extensive years experience spanning a combination of investment banking, markets, derivatives, structured finance and physical and financial metals sales and trading
• Conversant with derivative pricing/risk management; solid grasp of spreadsheets; financial modeling preferred;
• Geology or mining engineering degree or credentials would be of interest though not a necessity.
• Background in commodity finance preferable.
• Knowledge of corporate banking.
• Team player.
• Excellent communication skills required.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer