Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Internal Audit Corporate Governance - Senior AuditorApply Now Locations: London, England, Belfast, Northern Ireland Job Function: Internal Audit Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20162044
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The IA Corporate Governance Role, supports an assessment of global corporate governance and oversight processes and controls for Citigroup/Citibank in compliance with Heightened Standards, Basel, and other prudential regulatory requirements. An understanding of regulatory requirements and the enablers of a robust corporate governance program is preferred, but not required.
This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators, globally.
The Audit Manager is an intermediate level role responsible for managing a team that is performing complex and critical audits and assessments of Citi’s risk and control environments in coordination with the Audit team. The overall objective is to recruit, develop, and manage an effective Internal Audit team, that ensures the firm meets audit standards and regulations in partnership with business leaders and the develop, execute, and evaluate audit plans.
- Helps develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on-time high-quality audits, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and, where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting
- Supports complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan
- Applies expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology. Closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach
- Uses strong communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrates sound judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
- Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyzes findings; recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, CFA, CIA, CERP or similar) are a plus
- Experience in a related role with experience interacting effectively with senior executives required
- Some experience assessing the adequacy of Enterprise Risk Management, BoD Governance Processes, Establishing Corporate Strategy and Risk Appetite, Evaluating Corporate Culture, and Committee Effectiveness in a complex environment, or similar enterprise-wide processes, is preferred, but not required
- Responsibility for executing concurrently on multiple high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding the Assessment of Risk Profile and the adequacy of Risk Tolerance metrics is helpful
- Demonstrated ability to work in effectively in within a matrix reporting environment
- Strong negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong partnering and interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
What we Offer:
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.