IB FIG Associate
Role: IB FIG Nordics / IB FIG Germany
Location: London / flexible
We have opportunities for Associates across IB FIG Nordics and IB FIG Germany; relevant language skills (in particular German) are beneficial but not essential. Roles are based in London although there is the opportunity to work from our German / Nordic hub. Applications are sought from individuals with prior FIG IB experience (exposure to specialty finance is beneficial).
IB FIG Associates work closely with FIG Senior Bankers to manage diverse and important client relationships and execute transactions by:
- Understanding the strategic priorities of Citi’s clients and identifying relevant revenue opportunities for Citi
- Preparing insightful materials used in business origination across Citi’s product set
- Analysing clients’ strategic options and their financial impacts
- Connecting buyers and sellers of assets, securities and businesses
- Leveraging the full capabilities of Citi’s global franchise to deliver innovative solutions to clients
- Forging strong connections with key product partners within Citi
- Assist in the execution of Citi’s FIG Investment Banking business activities
- Leverage past experience to enhance Citi’s M&A execution and capital raising capabilities
- Supervise and mentor analysts by providing detailed guidance and feedback
- Manage deliverables and information flow
- Contribute towards strengthening Citi’s franchise
- Appropriately assess risk in business decisions, demonstrating particular consideration for Citi’s reputation and safeguarding Citi, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policies, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
- Exposure to Senior Management and Senior Bankers
- Opportunity to develop world-class and broad skills in banking and client relationship
- Large and complex organisation operating in a challenging and changing business environment and servicing a demanding client base
- Open and multicultural working environment
- Substantial FIG IB work experience within a financial services organisation
- FIG M&A valuation experience as well as knowledge of regulatory capital structure
- Experience in evaluating corporate transactions and structures
- Experience producing financial analyses and models
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience assisting with client development and tracking business development (collect research, analyze industry trends)
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Educated to degree level with a minimum grade 2:1 (or equivalent experience)
- MBA qualification or advanced degree would be highly advantageous (or equivalent experience) but not required
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety. By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Investment Banking
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs