Head of Structured Lending – Global Wealth Management EMEA
The EMEA Head of Structured Lending manages a team of senior professionals to deliver structured credit solutions to UHNW clients. The role is accountable for end results, budgeting, sales strategy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area. Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for team, including management of people, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations. Role is an integral member of the Product leadership team within also the Global Structured Lending team. The role also entails acting as a Senior Transactor and a recognized subject matter expert. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. There is typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. This is a client coverage position, therefore excellent communication skills are required in order to negotiate externally with clients and service providers (e.g. legal counsel), and internally, often at a senior level. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally and externally.
- Works with various stakeholders to execute the product business strategy and deliver annual budgets and targets
- Revenue generator in their own right but leads team of Product Experts providing oversight, mentoring, coaching and supports them in origination and transaction structuring as needed.
- The Product Transactor is an experienced lending product specialist and Credit Officer within the Investment Finance business, with direct client coverage responsibility. The Product Transactor is required to have strong structuring skills, origination/marketing capabilities and sound credit judgment and has the responsibility to work with Bankers for completing the due diligence, underwriting, obtaining approval and reviewing/closing documentation for new Facilities to clients.
- Origination of Structured Lending Products, including Aircraft, Art, Secured Tailored and Unsecured finance, Commercial Real Estate lending and other new product offerings including client calling and account planning in partnership with Bankers.
- Understand and anticipate clients' needs, following up with effective products and financial solutions
- Maximize revenue generation whilst achieving at least minimum return targets ensuring responsible lending growth
- Responsible for appropriate transaction structuring and execution (within product programs) with appropriate risk and return characteristics, ensuring appropriate Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standard compliance
- Structure and negotiate structured lending transactions
- Oversee preparation of credit and capital allocation Memos (as applicable)
- Negotiation credit documentation, ensuring compliance with all Citi and external policies and coordinating with external counsel and Risk Management, as required
- Responsible for the early problem recognition process and must propose, when deemed appropriate, credit classification and appropriate risk rating on specific transactions/ relationships
- Maximize revenue generation whilst achieving capital return targets
- Responsible for appropriate transaction structuring and execution (within product programs) ensuring appropriate Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standard compliance
- Define, coordinate and oversee the analytical activities of the deal team
- Define and negotiate the transaction and credit framework (including covenant definition)
- Extensive experience as a Credit Officer (Senior Credit Officer, preferred)
- Solid knowledge of financial markets, investments, banking and loan products
- Aircraft, Art Financing experience would be ideal but not required
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong financial and cash flow modelling
- Strong knowledge of Citi’s Credit Policies and Product Programs
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Team player
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:IF Regional Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs