Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Head of FX Front Office Trade Monitoring, DirectorApply Now Locations: London, England Job Function: Risk Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19148608
The Business Risk Sr Group Manager manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Typically, a direct report to a C16 role and function as an intergral member of the functional leadership team within a country/site location, job family, or line of business.
This role sits within the Global Markets Conduct Risk area and requires the role holder to develop conduct related surveillances and monitoring capabilities for the FX business leveraging data science disciplines to manage conduct risk across our global business.
The following are some of the specific activities expected of this role:
- Lead the scoping, design, implementation of the FX front office trade monitoring operating model, to surveil both trade and the associated communications for the FX business
- Leveraging structured and unstructured data sources for the FX products to provide an integrated view to be able to monitor and surveil effectively
- Define the FX strategy & controls to apply to the analytics/scenarios for uncovering insights and understanding of connection between events, trades and communications
- Reviewing & assessing risks from the data sets to help manage and control the FX business and ensure escalation where required around events/scenarios and help identify emerging risks
- Behavioral analytics to help uncover hidden behavioral and conduct related threats by individuals or entities (counterparty, trading desk, accounts)
- Define & manage FX thematic deep dives around enhanced trade monitoring
- Drive and design the FX required Conduct risk metric & alert functions, alongside the other product trade monitoring heads, to ensure efficiencies are achieved
- Work with senior management for escalation and early warnings along with gaining approval for the defined approach, plans & budget requirements
- Manage, lead and direct the work efforts & development of the FX trade monitoring team
Knowledge, Experience & Skills: Excellent understanding of the FX Markets business across the trade lifecycle, with specific in-depth knowledge of FX trading.
- Technical & practical experience of FX traded products, having worked within an FX business within the front office
- Experience across a range of international developed and emerging markets FX products, including cash, futures, and swap instruments
- Experience in developing and reviewing surveillances for global FX business
- Understanding and interaction of the 1LoD
- Experience of managing and delivering end to end Regulatory Compliance within the trade monitoring area
- Experience in successfully developing, leading and completing significant multiple business change with excellent stakeholder engagement and coordination
- Good awareness and understanding of the key drivers, industry challenges and opportunities for trade monitoring
- Skills and Competencies – Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Strong trading experience within the FX market
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Utilize analytical problem solving skills to develop surveiling scenarios for the FX business
- Use trading metrics and statistical data to help drive trade monitoring capabilities
- Significant attention to detail with an ability to contribute effectively to formative strategic development where necessary
- Leadership in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery
- Management and facilitation to achieve objectives, with both local and with remote teams
- A practical and goal orientated focus with excellent verbal and written communication skills utilizing different media, to effectively communicate with senior management, clients and regulators
- 15+ years experience in financial services; experience leading analytical teams is required, including managerial experience
- Experience managing teams with broad accountability in a complex environment. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional organization Ability to balance strategic priorities with tactical actions Proven track record and accountability in making quick decision that have an immediate impact on business financials .
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.