Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Analyst Global Markets FinanceApply Now Locations: London, England Job Function: Institutional Banking Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19129947
The effective management of capital, liquidity and collateral is recognized as being among the most significant challenges currently faced by the banking sector. Effectively managing those metrics will be a significant determinant of our future competitiveness. Successful candidates will be asked to make a major contribution to Citi’s financial resources optimization mandate by identifying areas of opportunity for Citi and driving projects to capture those opportunities.
Markets Finance is a newly created front office unit within the Markets and Securities Services (MSS) group with responsibility for:
- The oversight of all secured financing across Markets including responsibility for the monitoring and managing of risks arising from DSFT activity
- Centralised management of collateral and associated risks
- The management of a centralised funding hub for Markets
Within Markets Finance, the Collateral Management unit focuses on the risk management and effective utilisation of collateral posted and received in connection both with secured financing transactions and derivatives.. The team’s role is to ensure that Citi’s collateral resources and the risks relating to that collateral, whether associated with Citi’s principal or agent activities, are appropriately managed,
The team plans to add a new team member in London at Analyst or Associate level.
The team's primary focus is the monitoring of collateral positions and exposures, both current and projected, the identification of opportunities to utilise collateral more efficiently and the monitoring and managing of collateral-related risks . The team is actively involved in analytical and advocacy efforts related to regulatory developments with implications for collateralised activities. Key benefits include the development of an unusually broad perspective on the firm’s markets activities (including Rates, FX, Equities, Commodities and Credit), the acquisition of specialised knowledge of regulatory developments and the firm’s financing practices, experience developing and implementing complex analytical processes and technology solutions, exposure to senior leadership, and a rewarding, creative, and dynamic working environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Structuring and solving problems:
- Analyzing position- and portfolio-level data (financial, risk and returns metrics) to identify opportunities to deploy resources more efficiently
- Determining what changes to business practices, technology, and processes are required in order to implement collateral-related initiatives
- Working as an integral part of the team to develop collateral-related solutions to support business efforts
- Synthesising and communicating insights and recommendations:
- Summarising opportunities and quantifying benefits
- Summarising technology / operational requirements
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of key capital and liquidity rules and guidelines; identify and explain impacts and opportunities relating to collateral
- Acting as a bridge between Risk, Finance, Tech and product groups to identify and deliver collateral management solutions, drive ad hoc analyses, and address episodic issues to ensure accurate calculation of collateral-related metrics
- Reporting and presentation
- Delivering quantitative and qualitative analysis, and high quality presentation materials
- Identifying the need for incremental reporting to support optimisation, specifying reports, co-ordinating report creation, and facilitating distribution to and use by the team
- Leading ad-hoc project streams
- Bachelor's degree
- Relevant experience in Financial Services or strategy consulting
- Highly analytical & creative mindset
- Strong and impactful presentation skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and a quick learner
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a front office environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the characteristics of individual security types, securities settlement processes, or capital and liquidity regulations is a plus
- Familiarity with large scale data and querying ability is preferred
- Experience partnering with the business to assess data for patterns and spot anomalies
- Knowledge of Citi’s infrastructure is a plus
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.