Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Global Head of Office ConstructionApply Now Locations: London, England, New York, New York, Tampa, Florida Job Function: Corporate Services Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 19109782
Citigroup Realty Services (CRS) is a division of Citigroup Enterprise Infrastructure, Operations & Technology (EIO&T), providing real estate support services to all Citigroup businesses. CRS is dedicated to providing all Citigroup businesses with premises that are cost-effective, safe, productive, and valued by our customers as a strategic partner.
Within CRS, the Global Operations (GO) team is a trusted partner to our internal CRS clients, providing best-in-class support services for the operational side of the real estate lifecycle. GO consists of Construction & Project Management, Critical Facilities, Facilities Management, Operational Governance, Strategic Operations, Sustainability, and Workplace Design.
The Global Head of Construction will be the Global Functional Lead for the delivery of Construction projects in all Office and Operations Centers across all regions of CRS.
• Member of the Global Operations Leadership team
• Overall accountability for ensuring alignment of the Office and Operations Centers Construction Function and strategy to the wider CRS strategy and vision
• Accountable for the development and execution of the Global Construction Strategy and for keeping it current.
• Working with the Global Head of Workplace Design ensure delivery of all construction projects in accordance with the agreed workplace design standards.
• Motivate and inspire the direct and indirect construction teams within the CRS organization
• Design and drive change leadership initiatives across the Construction management team
• Drive CRS transformational change initiatives
• Play a collaborative and value-creating role across the business
• Working with other members of the Global Operations Leadership team and supported by the GCO take responsibility for the development and maintenance of robust, consistent, appropriate and cost effective Construction Project delivery within all Citigroup buildings by:
- Developing consistency of operating model and standards of service delivery.
- Delivering meaningful and consistent Construction MIS reporting.
- Implementing appropriate and consistent contract governance, format, structure, Terms &Conditions.
- Implementing effective cross regional and industry benchmarking.
- Developing and disseminating best practice in Construction delivery and management.
- Providing effective performance management and monitoring.
- Delivering consistent and continuing performance and cost improvement for the Construction function
- Developing and delivering effective Third Party Risk Management for the Construction function.
• Work with the Risk Management team to ensure focus upon statutory compliance across all service functions.
• Direct and manage the Third Party Risk Manager to ensure Third and Fourth Party Risk Management in the Construction function is effectively managed.
• Indentify and appropriately escalate, reports, controls and remedy risk events.
• Support and drive all global and Regional Governance activity.
Business Transformation Leadership:
• Engage in Global business strategy discussions and transformational activities to develop long-term information and/or transformation initiatives.
• Ensure overall alignment of strategies with business strategies and priorities between the Stakeholder Businesses.
Management & Decision Making:
• Oversee all activities within the Construction function across all regions of CRS.
• Deliver operational excellence
• Actively manage risk in all forms both personally and through business practice and policy compliance.
• Create long term forecasts based on business strategy and external benchmarks.
• Develop and maintain a rolling 3-year capital plan; forecasting cash flow for all capital investments
• Ensure that operational control and delivery of Construction services in support of business operations is of the highest appropriate standard and that services are maintained at minimum risk to business operations.
• Actively manage relationships with third parties to ensure compliance with the agreed commercial models and in the best financial interests of Citi.
• Deal with issues/opportunities in a proactive and timely manner.
• Strategy Leadership:
• Understand the different needs and dynamics of different parts of the business, create and maintain a credible and effective global strategy that supports this.
• Generate an aligned and empowering view on the purpose of the Global Construction function in the context of the CRS/Business Strategy
• Develop and articulate the vision that underpins all strategic activities within the Construction Function.
• Use the strategy to give clarity to ambiguous situations for others.
• Work closely with the third party supply chain to understand and execute the strategy, building innovation and performance as a theme of the relationship.
• Communicate the relevant segments of the Construction strategy across the team, workforce, outsource partner and stakeholders, to enable all people to be aware of how they are contributing to the overall business strategy.
•Direct management responsibility for 4 direct reports.
•Establish and lead an inspiring environment in which all people can develop and apply their talents.
•Take responsibility for setting objectives and performance targets for your direct and indirect teams.
•Take accountability for driving the achievement of high performance of team and teams through effective career management, succession planning and development.
•Ensure we have a right fit to role in our organizational design. Work with Regional Head to fine tune the delivery of an appropriate target operating model for the region.
•Proactively manage tough people decisions to ensure performance is aligned with organization imperatives and needs.
•Manage, coach, and mentor direct reports and others in the organization.
•Lead by exhibiting exemplary behaviors at all times.
Job Skills / Qualifications
• A minimum of 15+ years of diverse professional experience managing the Construction/Project Management Function in a large multinational corporation.
• A degree in PM/Construction or an associated discipline
• A strong controls and compliance track record
• Proven and inspirational leader of people and businesses
• Able to bring clarity to challenging problems and help others to see and engage in a solution
• Excellent stakeholder management through empathy, relationship building and appropriate styles of interaction
• Clear technical understanding of the Construction process, procedures and activities.
• Able to build performance and innovation with key outsource partner through valuable interventions that engage rather than oversee.
• Inspires and enables effective teams to deliver stretch to their operational and strategic targets.
• A n ambitious, enthusiastic, conscientious and confident professional with all around best in class leadership and management skills.
• A n international profile with evidence of successfully leading from the front and improving multifunctional, multi-cultural teams in a highly competitive and commercial environment.
• Highly customer-focused with exceptional Customer Relationship Management skills
• Recognized industry leader in the area of Project/Construction Management.
• A reputation for sheer excellence in this field coupled with a down-to earth pragmatism and collaborative style to which colleagues and customers respond well.
• Excellent strategic agility
• Excellent presentation skills
• Strong negotiation and commercial skills
• Fluent in English (written/verbal)
• Prior experience of working in the Construction industry with a wide portfolio of integrated banking sectors
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.