Finance - VP - EMEA Commodities Valuation Control Supervisor
We are seeking an outstanding candidate for the position of EMEA Commodities Valuation Control Supervisor.
The candidate must have a strong understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments, along with a strong understanding of implementing/maintaining an effective control framework.
The role will cover valuation control of the entire inventory held within the EMEA Commodities business and will require strong communication skills and teamwork across multiple locations and departments.
Due to the technical nature of the role it is important that the candidate demonstrates an aptitude to succeed in learning the technical aspects of Commodities valuations, in order to pose a credible challenge to a growing business.
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent global group within Product Control responsible for reviewing and reporting fair value inventory consistently across all asset classes.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Business Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Risk, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms and the regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation control policy.
The successful candidate will supervise the Commodities business from a valuation perspective within EMEA. Due to the small size of the team, the candidate will be expected to have hands-on involvement.
• Responsibility for all aspects of valuation control of the business, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis
• Producing and implementing guidelines / procedures for fair valuation adjustments and price testing across the business, with particular attention to the design of control
• Ensuring timely remediation of regulatory matters requiring attention, audit findings and associated reporting demands associated with the area of responsibility
Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
• Acting as first point of escalation with regards to any discrepancies and price variance breaches
• Identifying pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved
People Management and Leadership:
• Strong leadership and accountability for Commodities Valuations
• Acting as a business partner to the Business, Risk, Compliance and Finance
• Matrix management responsibility for part of the offshore team
• Enhancement and effective management of the VCG control and governance framework associated with the Commodities Business
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a leadership role within the EMEA Commodities Valuation Control Team
• Significant experience in a valuation, risk or product control related discipline
• Strong understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments
• Ability to understand complex concepts and effectively challenge peers in Finance, Risk and the Business
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
• Proven ability and experience of leading a team, both onshore and/or offshore
• Ability to manage time and work priorities efficiently and effectively
• Ability to perform within a time pressurized environment
• Understanding how to design and maintain a robust control framework
• Solid understanding or appreciation of derivative valuation methodologies in at least one Asset class. Cross asset class knowledge is preferred but in-depth knowledge is expected in at least one area
• Hands-on experience of implementing new or enhancing existing valuation methodologies.
• Working with other stakeholders in driving change
• A strong understanding of accounting for fair-valued instruments
• Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead, train and develop a team
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• Hands-on. Must have a good eye for detail, but also be able to communicate to seniors in a succinct/clear fashion
• Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
• Master’s degree preferred
• A proven track record of execution Leadership skills
• Ability to work well in a teams (actual and matrix)
• Ability to influence individuals outside of core management hierarchy
• Self-motivated and innovative
• Ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Job Family Group:Finance
Job Family:Product Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs