Match Your Skills
Search jobs based on your LinkedIn profile.
Derivatives and Securities Financing Transactions (DSFT) Project Lead SVPApply Now Locations: London, England Job Function: Project and Program Management Employee Status: Regular Job ID: 20174112
The Program Management Senior Lead is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Supports planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs.
- Identifies stakeholders and key organizations and build and manage relationships.
- Directs the creation of multiple programs of work and manage their alignment to business goals.
- Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross-functional macro level topics within/across programs and with Senior Management.
- Leads the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives.
- Works with Program Sponsor to ensure business case/cost benefit analysis is in line with business objectives.
- Drives adherence to program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery and leverage across the program.
- Assists program team in negotiating for resources owned by other departments in order ensure the program can be completed.
- Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis.
- Directs the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
- Manages multiple teams or a functional area (depending on size of business).
- Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
- Ensures creation and signoff of program plan and charter, benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log.
- Ensures program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents.
- Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities, understand the program schedule and key milestones and receive schedule status regularly.
- Ensures funding has been approved for the program.
- Ensures all areas of the program are appropriately staffed.
- Ensures program commitment from those assigning resources.
- Escalates program risks to the Program Director, or Program Sponsor, when appropriate.
- Ensures vendor performance is monitored and actions taken if performance warrants.
- Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
- Exercises shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Should demonstrate a commitment to quality and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal relationships with ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
-------------------------------------------------Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.