Data Quality Programme - Business Process Owner - SVP
Markets provide world-class solutions that are as diverse as the needs of the corporates, institutions, governments, and individual investors we serve in 160 countries and territories. The breadth, depth, and strength of our underwriting, sales and trading, and distribution capabilities span asset classes and currencies, sectors and industries, covering a vast array of products.
The MSS Transformation team works with all MSS businesses and Citi functions, including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Risk and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute responses to regulatory and cross-business transformational projects. The primary mission of the team is to design and implement integrated solutions and sustainable capabilities in the most efficient and effective way for MSS and its clients.
Examples of major programs that MSS Transformation currently (or recently) manage include:
Brexit; Dodd-Frank Title VII; EMIR/Re-Fit; FRTB; IBOR Transition; Markets Conduct Risk; MiFID / MiFIR; Resolution Stay Rules; Volcker / Volcker 2.0 and multiple specific APAC/EMEA/NAM Regulations.
The MSS Data Program is part of a Citi Wide initiative to design and implement a Data Quality program Operating Model. This includes creating, hiring and mobilizing a new function for centralized business process ownership and data steward in MSS as part of 1st line of defense responsibilities, for a number of data management processes and controls.
This role as a member of the MSS Transformation Team, will help manage the setup of MSS Business Process Ownership team, with associated operating model, and help manage the implementation of processes and controls in order the team becomes operational and is transitioned into its Business As Usual state within the Risk & Control team.
Responsibilities will evolve over time, however the following are some specific activities expected of this role:
- Help set up the MSS Business Process Ownership team, with an agreed operating model in order to fulfil the Business Process adherence to the Citi Data Management Policy (CDMP), Standards and Guidelines as well as report exceptions to the Data Governance Office (DGO)
- Assist Data Domain Owners and Sponsors with the identification of required data management roles to ensure MSS-owned Process Models are fully resourced and supported
- Implement and execute data governance responsibilities for MSS by working with ICG O&T, the MSS CAO/COO officers and desks as needed
- Enable appropriate triage of Business priorities and educate our partners on their responsibilities
- Implement assessment processes to review Process Models and Maps including Data Concepts, Data Domains, Data Types, Data Elements and make updates to account for changes with support from other data management roles (e.g. business or regulatory driven changes)
- Implement processes for the effective internal Data Management controls by monitoring business data quality reports with associated key indicators & metrics, and driving continuous improvement initiatives within the business, resulting in reduction of inherent risks
- Implement processes and supporting artifacts for the MSS Managers Control Assessment (MCA) process to ensure internal controls are designed effectively and testable to mitigate risk in data-driven processes
- Implement appropriate Data Quality rules and ensure key components are in place including Critical Data Elements (CDEs), Issue Management & Resolution (IMRs) and JIRAs, plus reviews of the appropriateness of defined Trusted Sources as sources ensuring consistent, timely, and accurate information delivery as well as of the appropriateness of their assignment for CDEs
- Implement Data Quality reporting through the definition and implementation of business, data and system related control and remediation frameworks at points of capture in order to resolve data quality exceptions
- Maintain the Data tracing and the Business lineage as well as review system lineage with the support data management roles related to their MSS-owned Process Models
- Plan and implement the transition to the appropriate Business Risk & Control team of all the above processes (and others as defined)
- Proactively manage dependencies, risks, exceptions and issues, using MSS Transformation processes, templates, tools & standards
- Effective communication with key stakeholders, both internal and external to the program / project, including obtaining buy-in for business process and infrastructure changes
- Liaison and clear communications with all the other Data Management roles as appropriate
- Develop and deliver presentations and structured documentation to MSS Transformation and MSS stakeholders covering project / program status, resourcing and plans
- Contribute to the design and delivery of MSS templates, training plans and materials, present training to small and large groups as required
- Lead, supervise, coach and develop more junior MSS Transformation team members and matrix management of teams across businesses/functions
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of structured project management techniques in a front office environment
- Industry experience in data governance, data management, and regulatory initiatives
- Knowledge of Operational Risk methodologies/frameworks and demonstrable appreciation of the need for and impact of controls, thresholds and Data Quality rules plus fundamental data terminology
- Demonstrable experience in trade processing front-to-back, risk and control, markets, operations, and support & control areas within a large bank/dealer
- Demonstrable experience of running complex, high profile, high impact projects / programs as a consultant or internal change group
- Knowledge of global markets trading products (Fixed Income, Equity, Currencies & Commodities) and/or securities services (Prime, Clearing)
- Knowledge of, and experience in, analyzing legislative, regulatory/supervisory and legal/compliance texts and analysis
Skills and Competencies – Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Strong project and program management skills; ability to gain consensus among project teams and stakeholders, and drive initiatives to completion effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Management and facilitation to achieve objectives, with both local and with remote teams
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills to mobilize and motivate delivery in a co-operative and collaborative working environment across trading and support/infrastructure/control functions
- Expertise and hands-on practitioner expertise in designing and implementing structured business/operational processes and business requirements documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively produce documentation and communicate with senior management. Ability to seamlessly communicate complex technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint (presentation decks), and Word (writing and editing procedural and technical documentation)
- College/university degree education or equivalent experience
- Appropriate industry knowledge & delivery track record is essential
Job Family Group:Project and Program Management
Job Family:Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs