Counterparty Credit Risk Credit Officer
Counterparty Credit Risk (CCR) – Margin Lending Risk Management is responsible for the review and challenge to the Global Margin Lending (GML) business who provides financing to the whole spectrum of clients ranging from the affluent up to the Ultra High Net Worth segment (Global Wealth Management) against collateralized securities. CCR Margin Lending Risk Management provides second line of defense review, challenge and approval functions for all counterparty risk across Global Wealth Management.The Credit Portfolio Group Manager is a senior management-level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department to monitor the Citi portfolio and identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team. The overall objective of this role is to lead the management of Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally. Reporting to the Regional CCR Margin Lending Risk Heads, key responsibilities will include.
Perform due diligence and analysis of portfolios, counterparties, and transactions, covering all aspects, including operational capabilities
- Review, challenge and approve CCR portfolio risk metrics and analytics for the whole of the GML.
- Review, challenge and approve stress testing and methodologies
- Review, challenge and approve loanable value (LV) methodology based on collateral concentration and liquidity
- Review, challenge and approve CCR models
- Provide oversight for audits and regulatory inquiries related to LV governance, and takes an active role in resolution as necessary
- Actively participates in the Loanable Value Governance Forum and provides credible challenge and approvals
- Perform risk assessment of securities for assigning appropriate loanable values and credit approval
- Support on-going monitoring of the portfolio to ensure compliance with corresponding product program, procedures and standards
- Assist with regional efforts to address new regulatory requirements
- Manage the portfolio with product and collateral stress testing tools
- Exercise Credit Officer signing authority to approve credit facilities.
SPECIFIC MARKET/CREDIT RISK EXPERIENCE
- Market Risk or Counterparty Risk experience in managing global complex book including multi asset derivatives exposures
- Experience in and exposure to global market risk of CCR risk management standards.
- Experience in derivatives market/credit risk management or of market risk managing non-recourse/recourse margin loans and complex equity or credit derivatives
- Ability to understand complex counterparty credit product structures, and ideally well-versed in capital markets products.
- In depth understanding of portfolio CCR stress testing techniques
- Good understanding of non-recourse/recourse and CCR pricing models and of CCR regulatory capital models
- Demonstrates managerial maturity in looking out for the best interests of the enterprise including managing dual reporting lines
- Proven ability to lead / integrate global organization
- A strong mentor and coach – one with the ability to rally followers and embed / empower leads for each of the core pillars
- Highly skilled communicator who ensures key messages are cascaded throughout the organization
BUSINESS / RISK PARTNERSHIP
- Strong presence / ability to liaise with internal heads of businesses and risk portfolio leads and manage multiple front-line and second-line demands
- Navigates organizational complexity and breaks silos
- Creates and sustains a network of strong partnerships with the business in all segments & geographies and other risk functions
- Provides well-reasoned, balanced assessments of risk/return trade-offs associated with collateral liquidity and concentration and collateral and PDs correlations.
- Proven track record of partnering with global peers in leveraging and implementation of best practices
- 7+ years risk/risk-related credit work experience in banking/financial institutions
- Senior market risk or CCR risk management experience
- Knowledge of margin lending and capital markets products
- Conversant with the risks in various security asset classes and derivatives
- Knowledge in market risk and the associated statistical models
- Knowledge of the interconnection between credit and market risk
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in portfolio review and industry/company analysis
- Able to identify and document procedures and process flows, understand the end-to-end product risk management framework
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced look and conditional formulas). Skilled user of Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Bloomberg and Adobe Standard.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Effectively communicate with multiple management levels, verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to effectively engage with internal control functions
- Demonstrates strong ethics and integrity
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ in a complex environment
- Can make decisions under pressure and short timeline
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Experience in working in multiple geographies
- Demonstrated influencing and negotiating ability, resolve conflicts amongst various constituencies
- Excellent presentation skills – adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and various constituencies
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs