Global Head of Compliance Governance and Board Reporting, SVP
As leader of the Global Reporting team, this role will be responsible for the provision and oversight of Governance reporting to Committees/Stakeholders globally, and for the co-ordination of key Board level reports. The role-holder will be responsible for the definition and execution of a global governance reporting strategy across the function for the consistent delivery of high quality, concise and insight-led and actionable reporting.
Serves as a compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and designing and delivering a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engaging with the ICRM product and function coverage teams in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
Key Activities include directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on the programs, including:
- Overseeing the end-to-end ownership and project management of ICRM’s State of Compliance reporting to the Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committees including: educating ICRM teams on responsibilities; check and challenge of information collected; ownership of timelines; alignment of reporting to feedback from regulators; providing insight led qualitative analysis as well as liaising with the Executive Management Team (EMT) for feedback.
- Overseeing the end-to-end ownership of ICRM’s Regulatory reporting to the Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee, Board of Directors, Risk Management Committees, Compliance Committees and Citigroup Chair including: overseeing preparation and ensuring a succinct summary of key themes/items for attention is provided supported by accurate and insightful analysis and providing a review and quality checker role, to ensure consistency in ICRM’s messaging across all Committees including liaising with the EMT and ICRM Global CCO to confirm content.
- Overseeing the preparation of ICRM’s Regional Reporting commitments, including preparation of State of Compliance reporting for ACs and BRCCs along with ad-hoc regulatory reporting.
- Provide a review and quality check control on all reporting which is produced by ensuring both the quantitative and qualitative content is accurate and provides clear messages and analysis on key items for attention and value-add insight.
- Liaising closely with the ICRM Global CCO quarterly and discussing key areas of focus and emerging risks which should be at the forefront for each quarterly reporting cycle.
- Embedding efficient processes for collating information for reporting, including maintaining centralized trackers and driving global reporting initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement through the consideration/adoption of innovative solutions to drive process efficiency and improvement of report content/format and production processes.
- Be the point of contact for CCO’s and the EMT in relation to the provision of reporting needs. The role requires the establishment of strong working relationships, to enable smooth co-ordination of reporting activities, as well as building a strong knowledge of ICRM to drive insightful reporting.
- Managing a specialized team of Compliance professionals. Oversight for compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc.
- Overseeing the process for preparing ICRM’s annual Recovery and Resolution Planning.
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Responsible for hiring, compensation, performance appraisals, staff development, training, etc.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structuring potential solutions and driving effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi’s key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank’s risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Supporting the ICRM Global Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and ICRM Global CCO with ad-hoc reporting requests. Proactively manage, lead and support Group reporting ICRM initiatives.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, enforcement actions and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas and refresh governance reporting as they apply.
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM. Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi’s clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on the programs, including:
- Monitoring adherence to Citi’s Compliance Risk Policies and measuring compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Partnering, collaborating and working with other areas within Citi, as necessary.
- Keeping abreast of regulatory changes, new regulations and internal policy changes in order to further identify new key risk areas.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- previous direct experience managing staff and leading teams,
- experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus;
- strong working knowledge of function/business/product supported and the related operations and financial requirements;
- Demonstrable experience in leading projects, gained from financial services or consultancy background
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Proven abilities in Board, Governance Committee, and Management Reporting activities.
- Experienced in the direct production of high quality ‘Board level’ reporting, including focused analysis, trending, and strong summarization of results.
- Strong understanding and experience in provision of high quality ‘Management Information’, delivering accurate data analytics and reporting to senior internal and external stakeholders, under tight deadlines and potentially multiple competing priorities.
- Experience working with senior management in the definition of and delivery of reporting.
- Experience working in a Global team, liaising with individuals across a number of time zones.
- Expertise in the collation and operationalization of disparate and potentially manual information sources, including assessments and other qualitative measures for executive and board purposes.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills to identify key items for inclusion in board level and senior management reporting.
- Ability to analyze and succinctly summarize content, and ensure consistent messaging.
- Demonstrable experience within Second / Third line of defence functions, in a highly visible, global capacity.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging.
- Strong coordination and project management skills, to lead the end-to-end AC reporting processes and production of Senior Management and Board level reporting.
- High proficiency across the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strategic execution in the establishment of Analysis capabilities that support the entire function, and support the establishment of ICRM-wide reporting capabilities.
- Ability to work under pressure, and deliver timely, accurate, insightful analysis.
- Ability to conceptualize the business requirement and deliver innovative solutions
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Compliance Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs