Commercial Real Estate Lending Specialist
The Commercial RE Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Assisting the Transactor in activities to support the marketing and sale of the IF Product range through preparation of materials and maintenance of databases
- Assist in the preparation of EDAC and Greenlight memos (as applicable)
- In partnership with the Transactors, assist with the structuring and execution of more complex or tailored transactions, meeting Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Full loan underwriting with appropriate risk return characteristics of Citi Private Bank’s standard product range, ensuring appropriate compliance with Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standards
- Preparation of Credit Applications ensuring accuracy and completeness of data
- Financial Analysis including cash flow statements
- Collateral Evaluation covering Marketable Securities, Property and other asset classes
- Preparing and negotiating credit documentation for facilities, including liaison with external counsel as required as well as undertaking the annual review of documentation
- Preparing and reviewing facility covenants
- Assisting in Portfolio Management, including CA Annual reviews, covenant monitoring and compliance, waivers and extensions and all related system maintenance
- Problem Recognition and assisting with classified loans remedial management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Strong and proven analytical, financial structuring and execution skills
- Strong knowledge of Citibank’s Credit Policies, Product Programs and Citi Policies
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of Financial Analysis including Financial and cash flow modelling
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Team Player
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:IF Commercial Real Estate
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs