Commercial Real Estate Lending Specialist
The IF Specialist Lead is a strategic professional who owns underwriting, execution and portfolio management activities in own area of the lending business and stays abreast of developments within own field to consider their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical expertise for an area within the business. Requires good credit risk and commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasionally external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and feedback relating to processes and systems for efficient and effective functioning of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Assisting in the marketing and sale of the Commercial Real Estate Investment Finance Product through preparation of materials and maintenance of databases
- Assist in the preparation of EDAC and Greenlight memos
- In partnership with the IF CRE Transactors, assist with the execution of complex and tailored transactions, meeting Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Full loan underwriting with appropriate risk return characteristics of Citi Private Bank’s standard product range, ensuring appropriate compliance with Credit Policy and Risk Acceptance standards
- Preparation of Credit Applications ensuring accuracy and completeness of data
- Collateral Evaluation and Financial Analysis including cash flow modelling
- Preparing and negotiating credit documentation for facilities, including liaison with external counsel as required as well as undertaking the annual review of documentation
- Preparing and reviewing facility covenants
- Portfolio Management, including Annual reviews of credit relationships, ongoing covenant monitoring and compliance, waivers and extensions and all related system maintenance
- Problem Recognition and assisting with classified loans remedial management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Strong and proven analytical, financial analysis, due diligence and execution skills
- Experience in credit risk underwriting preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Displays flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Team player
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
Honesty, integrity and reputation
Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Job Family Group:Private Client Product Services
Job Family:IF Lending Generalist
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs