Business Risk Manager
The Business Risk Analyst Senior accomplishes results and integrates subject matter and industry expertise within Third Party Management and management of Alternate Control Frameworks. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within Third Party Management. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of results of an area. Involved in short-term planning resource planning.
- Develop monthly Monopolies/Third Parties Supporting Commodities business update materials
- Be accountable for assigned critical milestones pertaining to Citi's Alternate Control Framework Monopolies/Third Parties Supporting Commodities, playbook development, tabletop exercises, and capabilities development
- Validate third party issues and ensure management’s awareness of the risk involved
- Design and state of adherence to the Alternate Control Framework for the Monopolies/Third Parties Supporting Commodities, focusing on all phases of third party lifecycle i.e. planning, due diligence, contracting ongoing monitoring and termination of relationships.
- Lead the improvements and enhancements to the successful execution of the framework globally.
- Review and ensure accuracy of the inventories.
- Be accountable for assigned critical milestones pertaining to Citi's Key identification, playbook development, tabletop exercises, and capabilities development
- To Align Citi Definition to Regulator Expectations and Identify Ownership
- Review and implementation of Citi Enterprise Placement - Team structure, Full Time Employees and Investment required for implementation
- To Build, Maintain and Monitor a single Policy and Governance.
- To map Inherent Risk of all Risks (including Operational)
- To generate and run risk scenarios simulations - substitutability
- Socialize the Risk and Control Culture
- To execute broker refreshes including on annual basis or when needed
Ensure that all brokers/dealers are Sanction Screened, through the Citi Workflow Management tool as part of the on-boarding procedure in Broker Questionnaire
- Accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s).
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within Third Party Management and Non-Traditional Third Parties managed in an Alternate Control Framework.
- Execute, manage and oversight entities managed in Alternate Control Frameworks, ensuring activities as performed in a safe and sound manner, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and consistent with Citi policies and standard, as well meeting regulators requirements and industry standards.
- Maintain oversite for Alternate Control Frameworks as it pertains to Governance, Level 3 Procedures and execution of ongoing monitoring activities
- Contributes to standards around which others will operate.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function.
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Partners with the team on all new or modified processes to review through the appropriate governance routines and launch with adequate controls which can be monitored and reported.
- Ensures internal reviews and external examinations are well managed with clearly evidenced controls.
- Provided support of assigned business area by attending and participating in business meeting routines to provide control related updates to the team and learn about any new initiatives the team will need to support.
- Proactively identifies emerging risks and assists the control team with resolving control gaps and issues and helps to create corrective action plans, inclusive of root cause identification and resolution.
- Ad hoc control / audit related requests as needed.
- Actively focus on process improvement, creating efficiencies, and ensuring proactive approach and partnership to audit management
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 3-4 years’ experience in risk management and/or regulatory compliance in one or more of the following risk disciplines: technology risk, business continuity, operational risk, supplier risk, or audit and controls. Broad knowledge of other risk areas, with strong understanding of supplier or third-party risk impact in a financial services company is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge on creating impactful meeting materials, delivering of presentations.
- Extensive knowledge of data mining, use of excel and other reporting tools.
- Demonstrates knowledge of in-scope business and product areas
- Must have outstanding leadership, communication, and influencing skills, as this leader will work with senior leaders, and audit partners on a regular basis.
- Ability to foster working relationships with other leaders across multiple lines of business and with support organizations, including auditors and regulators. ·
- Demonstrated judgement and critical thinking skills.
- Relevant experience working in a front office or operations and financial products knowledge
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills and show comfort interfacing with senior stakeholders across trading desks, operations and technology and external clients
- Strong investigation, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to proactively and independently take on and lead complex projects
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressures across multiple work streams concurrently
- Demonstrate agility and ability to work within an evolving environment and function
Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs