Audit Director - Institutional Clients Group (ICG) Technology - Operations and Banking
The ICG Technology Audit Director is a senior level management position responsible for contributing to the strategic direction of Citi’s Internal Audit (IA) function, in coordination with the Audit team. This role is also responsible for managing multiple teams of professionals. The overall objective of this role is to direct Audit activities that support a subset of a product line, function, or legal entity at the global and regional level, in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and local regulations.
The ICG Technology Audit Director role is responsible for directing technology audit assurance deliverables that support the APAC ICG Technology audit plan as well as the global technology coverage strategy for ICG Operations (Markets Operations and Information Services Group systems), Commercial Banking, Banking & Capital Markets and Private Bank technologies. The role will require the management of risk assessments and audit delivery for business applications supporting these businesses within ICG. This will be accomplished by either auditing business applications on a standalone basis or by conducting fully integrated audits with the product audit teams. This encompasses providing objective risk based independent assurance with respect to the design and operating effectiveness of controls associated with applications that support critical business processes in the ICG.
This role will also require significant interaction with key stakeholders (e.g. Chief Auditors within ICG) and Global Technology Heads. This role will also involve interactions with key regulators. This is an exciting opportunity to drive a robust coverage strategy and approach and value added assurance to enhance the Citi control environment.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Driving robust coverage strategy for a global portfolio of technology applications to enable insight generation, identification of thematic concern areas and strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Deliver multiple current audits to specification, and ensure the delivery of audit reports are complete, insightful, timely, error free and concise
- Contribute to the delivery of reports outlining IA’s contributions, and oversee audit’s coverage and reporting on common high risk areas
- Provide independent assurance on the design and operating effectiveness of an area, at a global or regional level
- Ensure timely delivery of comprehensive regulatory and internal audit issue validation, including issues arising from other external parties
- Ensure IA meets/exceeds expectations, and support and drive the IA Transformation Program and IA’s and management’s efforts
- Improve the identification, measurement, management, reporting and controls in governance, risk and control environments
- Support and endorse the Quality Assurance (QA) function of IA, and resolve issues found by QA, improving audit processes and coverage
- Ensure the adoption of Citigroup and Citibank Audit Committee Charters and the IA Charter, and engage in internal/external negotiations
- Oversee various tasks to build the audit team, including recruiting staff, developing and training the team, and managing the budget
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
This position requires strong leadership and management skills working with multi-disciplined teams and direct ownership for delivery of business applications audits supporting the Marco and GSP businesses.
- Extensive years of experience in a related role
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent required
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) preferred
- Demonstrated success in business, functional and people management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment
- Effective negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Family Group:Internal Audit
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs