EMEA Business – Operational Resilience Program Client Manager (BCMA)
Operational Resilience (OpRes) is both a creator and protector of value. By deepening our understanding of emerging vulnerabilities - the risks and threats posed by evolving business models, technology and client expectations – we can strengthen our relationships with clients and counterparties, strengthen our internal processes, and reduce commercial threats to Citi’s business. OpRes takes a cross-organisational (1-Citi) approach and is a key part of Citi’s mission to be the best for all our stakeholders.
The BCMA Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Operational Resilience Program Manager is a strategic professional who will drive the OpRes program in the region for BCMA and their clients, as part of Citi’s global resilience effort. The role will have responsibility for developing, communicating and managing BCMA’s expanding OpRes program. This includes working with senior BCMA and Operations management on the strategy parameters, the key deliverables, the activity plan, and the communication, partnership and oversight with various stakeholders within and without BCMA. This also includes an expanding focus upon the client outreach aspect – coordinating with coverage, product and risk partners, and then engaging clients externally and receiving their feedback on OpRes and communicating findings and intelligence back into the global program.
Part of a growing team, this is an exciting role at the leading edge of driving cultural change, thought leadership and a new way of doing business. It will be well-suited to somebody with a strong understanding of the bank, its products and processes, and with the potential to be up to a Director level role. The role reports to the BCMA business management function.
Thank you for your interest and we wish you good luck on your application.
- Will act as the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) program manager for Operational Resilience situated in BCMA in the first line of defence (1LOD). This will include being responsible for engaging with EMEA partners across BCMA, geography teams, products and operational partners. This requires strong organizational skills and emotional intelligence to ensure OpRes is built into daily behaviours and becomes thought of as a foundational element of any service delivery and engagement with clients.
- Will be responsible for ensuring direct incorporation of OpRes into other Citi initiatives and programs, such as Client Experience.
- Will have input into global efforts to develop operating and functional models. These may include Tolerances for Disruption (or Impact Tolerances) that incorporate client and competitor analyses, external benchmarks, changes in clients’ operating models, growth of Citi’s product sales, future evolutions in Citi’s business model, and market horizon scanning.
- Will support key elements of the Transformation Pillar of Governance, Accountability & Culture, helping implement Citi’s Principles for End-to-End Resilience.
- Assist in improving our understanding of the use of Financial Market Infrastructures (FMIs), how Citi engages with them, and how to enhance mutual resilience.
We value inclusion and diversity and so do you.
A dedication to learning and a true passion for driving improvement is vital.
We will also be looking for the following:
- Awareness of Citi operating model, and/or other similar financial services institutions
- Varied background / experience across (or exposure to) multiple disciplines which may include Client Relationship Management, Product Sales, Corporate and Investment Banking, Markets & Securities Services, Payments, Trade Finance or Treasury. You have achieved this through direct experience or via program/project delivery.
- Highly motivated and with enthusiasm for Financial Services industry and desire to master the business.
- Able and willing to be bold and imagine a different future state, motivate and work with others to deliver it.
- Self-starter and creative problem solver who is willing to think ‘out of the box’, and “step into the shoes of” a product partner, risk manager, CEO, board member or client to understand their needs.
- Strong client and innovation focus, and a curiosity to learn about new businesses and clients.
- Ability to ‘connect the dots’ and communicate the ‘big picture’.
- Must demonstrate integrity, and the ability to balance logic and analytical thinking with empathy.
- Strong cultural awareness and value of a diverse workforce.
- Strong appreciation of differences in style and/or perspective, utilizing them to inform or enhance decisions, actions and organizational success.
- Actively collaborates with partners across the bank and world, and achieve actionable results through others.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational boundaries, breaking down silos and encouraging the sharing of ideas and lessons learned.
- Leadership presence: commands respect and will earn (and maintain) the trust of senior leaders.
- People-focused attitude, with demonstrated positive relationship management and interpersonal skills with colleagues of all levels, background and across all teams.
- Organization skills; can manage multiple work streams simultaneously across regions and products
- Client and/or product experience.
- Analytical and quantitative capabilities; accountability and results oriented with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with producing and distributing high quality materials, including externally.
- Strong communications and customer service skills. Ability to explain technical or complex issues and concerns in non-technical ways.
- Highly proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel.
Job Family Group:Risk Management
Job Family:Business Risk & Controls
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs