Product Manager Deposit
The Product Specialist is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Participate in evaluating data and identifying trends across our client franchise, ultimately helping to improve Citi’s connectivity to high value clients and enhance senior management’s understanding of new client opportunities
- Support primary research efforts into client trends and benchmarks, helping to create proprietary thought leadership and contribute to bespoke client requests and internal requests from product heads and senior management
- Manage hedge fund, asset management and private equity industry databases and the data aggregation platforms that consolidate and analyze this information
- Coordinate with key external data providers and vendors to ensure seamless delivery of data and reporting
- Identify new sources of industry data and reporting in an effort to grow and better inform the Thought Leadership goals
- Perform key pieces of analysis to support creation of Citi’s asset management industry reports with a global distribution to key clients and internal stakeholders
- Leading strong governance and controls
- Work in close partnership with control functions such as Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk, Audit, Finance in order to ensure appropriate governance and control infrastructure
- Build a culture of responsible finance, good governance and supervision, expense discipline and ethics
- Appropriately assess risk/reward of transactions when making business decisions; demonstrating proper consideration for the firm’s reputation.
- Be familiar with and adhere to Citi’s Code of Conduct and the Plan of Supervision for Global Markets and Securities Services
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Self-motivated, with a high level of energy
- Desire to learn and ability to work both independently and within groups
- Ability to gather, manage, interrogate and interpret large amounts of industry and client data, including an ability to create presentation-ready charts and tables
- Excellent ability to concurrently manage multiple projects
- Analytic mindset able to use industry and client data to demonstrate trends
- Broad understanding of investment strategies including alternative investment strategies, trading techniques and client segments
- Authoritative and natural presentation style with the ability to use data to educate internal stakeholders and client teams
- Display strong initiative and ability to structure and drive projects from idea to completion
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Analytically-focused, self-directed and demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Citi has reached an agreement with UOB Group for the acquisition of our Consumer Banking business in Malaysia. The completion of the acquisition is subject to local regulatory approvals.
As this is a role to work in Citi’s consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi and in due course, UOB will be extending an employment offer to the incumbent of this role to continue employment with UOB upon completion of the acquisition.
Job Family Group:Institutional Sales
Job Family:Institutional Sales Support
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs