MYS CTSM PP - Transaction Capture Manager
The Transaction Capture Mgr is an intermediate management level position responsible for leading and supervising a medium sized unit of support employees, in coordination with the Transaction Capture team. The overall objective of this role is to improve processes, interpret data, prepare reports, and minimize bank risk through ensuring adherence to audit and control policies.
- Provide analytical and administrative support to Front Office Sales and Trading specifically around derivatives and securities transactions
- Maintain position records in coordination with the traditional trading desk assistant and / or trade processing functions
- Support trade capture management, Front to Back reconciliation, operational risk identification, trade confirmation and settlement forecasts
- Contribute to the development of new techniques related to the trade life cycle, and the improvement of processes and workflow for the area
- Resolve complex trade flow problems through an in-depth evaluation of procedures and industry standards
- Contribute to change-the-bank projects and offers advanced solutions
- Escalate control gaps and issues to leadership and implement procedures and solutions to mitigate risk
- Analyze trade related information in complicated and unique situations to resolve issues, such as affirmation, confirmation and reconciliation
- Assume informal/formal leadership role within the team, and coach and train new recruits, and provide guidance and support to junior staff
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related role
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more specific skill sets, business areas or products
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage to deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and intermediate problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge of operations for various kinds of funds including but not limited to Hedge funds, Mutual funds, Unit Trust funds, Superannuation Fund etc.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts) of Transfer Agency.
- Candidate should be flexible ready to work in in different shifts.
- Experience in strategic management, resource/expense management, and managing client relationships.
- Experience in managing operational delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of transfer agency services and process.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in related area.
¨Responsibilities in this position cover all functions associated with the provision of a Transfer Agency (TA) service.
¨Able to manage and motivate a team of diverse individuals and cope with peak periods of high volumes.
¨Ensure process delivery as per Service Level Agreement at all times. Ensure service quality is maintained.
¨Oversee daily operations include receiving and entering transactions, receiving and uploading unit prices, preparing payments files and cash instructions, and the production, review and sending of investor statements.
¨Ensure periodic tasks include distribution processing, management fee rebate calculations, monthly / quarterly investor reporting and annual tax statement production and distribution are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
¨Supervise implementation of new funds and system functionality (including system UAT).
¨Participate in the set-up of new functions and procedures including those relating to the roll out of web access and the handling of investor and advisor queries.
¨Lead new/ongoing migrations and ensure smooth cut over with minimized risks – internal and external.
¨Ensure trainings are scheduled and conducted for new staffs.
¨Administer strong and timely internal controls to mitigate potentials risks in operations.
¨Respond Lead for queries raised by Internal/External Auditors.
¨Act as functional TA SME when required.
¨Effective workload management/prioritization to increase capacity/productivity within the team.
¨Drive cross functional & regional alignment with senior partners across product, operations, coverage & global organizations.
¨Work closely with change team to manage project scope and expectations throughout the implementation. Ensuring detailed & timely functional partner engagement to resolve issues.
¨Ensure 100% effective MCA results.
¨Ensure team adheres to internal polices to ensure compliance with legal parameters as well as company policies and procedures.
¨Ensure all audit requests and protocols are appropriately addressed in every deal implementation.
¨Strict observance of Information Security standards while communicating to the client as well as internally.
¨Consistently achieve “excellent” rating in scheduled quality reviews.
¨Participate in staff forums & survey process.
¨Complete all mandatory & personal development training as stipulated by controls officer & team lead.
¨Leverage best practices, operating models & synergies across teams to ensure consistent client execution & heightened integration & cooperation across the organization.
¨Lead, Identify and execute process improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
¨Ensure Oversight team engagement across locations are healthy and cordial.
¨Ensure timely escalation and resolution management.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Computer Science and/or professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CA or equivalent).egree in Business / Finance / Accounting or related field
¨Description of minimum work experience required for this role
10-12 years of experience in Transfer Agency (TA) services.
Strong knowledge in TA business, products and workflow.
Familiarity with global markets – Practices, regulations, industry trends and key industry segments
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs