MYS CTSM PP - Fund Accounting Manager
The Fund Accounting Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees, leading a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of activities associated with Net Asset Valuations (NAVs).
- Manage a team of professionals to accomplish established goals and conduct personnel duties for team (e.g. performance evaluations, hiring and disciplinary actions) as well as support mechanism for achievement including SMART goal setting
- Calculate daily and periodic NAVs for fund and dissemination of the associated unit prices to facilitate investor dealing in accordance with all local regulations, accepted accounting values, and local tax requirements, as well as produce full set of audited annual financial accounts and unaudited semiannual accounts for each regulated entity
- Complete regulatory reporting and associated client reporting requirements covering all aspects of the funds valuation, portfolio, expenses, and transaction volumes ensuring a variety of standard and client/regulatory formats
- Assist the section manager of a team of Fund Accountants who are responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting clients
- Identify and implement corrective action plans across teams while analyzing and assessing business risk
- Serve as primary point of escalation for internal/external staff queries, and develop/manage process, productivity, and quality standards
- Create, develop, and maintain business relationships, identify and implement service, system, and process enhancements, lead and evaluate system testing, and train staff on new technology enhancements
- Support development and achievement of strategic goals and annual performance/compensation cycle as well as implement methods to reduce expenses, recommend enhancements, and justify benefits
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Chartered Accountant/CFA/MBA
- Experience in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of funds services and its process
- Knowledge of relevant technical systems
- Previous supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge in related area
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
The fund accounting manager is responsible for providing leadership and direction to a team of fund accountants across a range of fund accounting and valuations activity. The overall objective of the role is to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of the Net Asset Valuations (NAVs).
The successful candidate will have a strong background in fund accounting with proven client management skills and team leadership experience. They will be able to demonstrate a strong “hands on” operational focus and be expected to optimize effectiveness and efficiency in operational delivery.
A core expectation of the successful candidate will be to act as succession and coverage to the fund accounting senior manager.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
¨Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
¨Strong client focus with an ability to evaluate needs and develop solutions
¨Numerical, analytical and problem resolution skills
¨Proven ability to lead the introduction of complex change in a challenging environment
¨Team player at a senior level - able to articulate own position clearly, based on fact, but sensitive to the positions, needs and requirements of others
¨Client relationships and stakeholder management
¨Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
¨Highly computer literate - MS Office applications, SQL,
¨Leadership and team development
¨Project management skills with the ability to multi-task
¨Knowledge of Multifonds would be advantageous
------------------------------------------------------Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs