MYS CTSM KL - Loans Operations Analyst 1
The Loan Doc & Proc Analyst 1 is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job. Individual must be accountable, ethical, results oriented, trust worthy, and credible.
- This role will manage preparing and reviewing loan documentation while providing support to a variety of tasks related to the loan process. Activities will include independently processing and closing loans within a complex loans operation environment
- Involved in providing day-to-day Collateral management which may include booking cash transactions and making payments, inputting general ledger entries and (complex) calculations
- There may be possible interaction with other counterparties around positions and outstanding balances/claims
- Supports an expansive and/or diverse array of products (risk and control) /services
- Follows established procedures to identify and resolve problems related to loan documentation/processing activities that require investigation or research and makes recommendations to management to support process improvement
- Designs and analyzes moderately complex loan documentation reports for management requirements, support/control activities, and the launch of products/services
- Makes evaluative judgments based on the analysis of factual information, and provides assistance in the implementation of loan documentation process improvements
- Minimizes risk to the bank through increased knowledge of procedural requirements - understands and monitors errors to suggest solutions to reduce errors, and to adhere to audit and control policies
- Often related, but not limited to loan documentation processes
- Timely management and escalation of all inquiries and issues related to loan processing
- Demonstrates a sound level of understanding of products and processes, and of how duties relate/integrate with others in the team and closely related teams
- Demonstrates an excellent knowledge of Bank related systems
- Has direct interaction with external customers to disseminate or explain information
- Individuals at this level exhibit strong executional capabilities
- Utilizes strong communication, interpersonal and diplomacy skills to interact with colleagues and stakeholders, and to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information, while being sensitive to audience diversity
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Skills: Prefer to have
- Fundamental Knowledge of risk types, policies and control measures and processes
Skills: Nice to have
- Knowledge of Business Processes, Systems and Tools used in the Loan Process
- Knowledge of Loan Processes and Procedures
- Knowledge of Loan Products and Loan Services
- Previous experience managing, preparing and reviewing loan documentation
- Typical Awareness of the industry, competitors and trends
- Basic Knowledge of Financial Products, such as Cash Management, Treasury, the Trade Lifecycle
- Fundamental understanding of compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to Policies
- Basic ability to provide evaluative and ethical judgment to make decision
- Basic ability to identify, mitigate, resolve, manage, and escalate risk and issues
- Fundamental ability to think strategically, considering the end-to-end, adjacent impacts to the broader system; to formulate strategies and innovate
- Some understanding of how to analyze and think critically and conceptually and interpretively to solve problems. Includes ability to identify opportunities, assess needs, conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses, synthesize insights and provide recommendations.
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) and present with diplomacy; Ability to build and manage relationships through advising, collaborating, influencing, negotiating and persuading.
- Elementary knowledge to plan (long-term, medium-term and short-term), create and manage budgets and reduce expenses / save costs
- Some Knowledge to identify opportunities to improve, and design processes and standard operating procedures, including managing KPIs and SLAs to monitor and enhance service quality and process integrity.
- Basic experience in leading, managing accountability and managing complexity; Ability to coach, facilitate and guide to achieve results
- 0-2 years Experience, relevant industry experience
- Proactive with strong sense of responsibility
- Ability to collaborate with team members within and outside of own team
- Can work well under pressure and multi-task with a sense of urgency
- Ability to perform well in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family:Loan Documentation and Processing
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 95 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs