MYS CTSM KL - Head of Consumer KYC Due Diligence Operations
The incumbent will lead a centralized dedicated SME team of 200+ employees responsible for developing and delivering a best in class surveillance program in support of key KYC due diligence activities. The role will be responsible for the delivery of solutions across countries in APAC & EMEA including IPB, to leverage existing infrastructure & to lead the effort with regard to following activities:
- Responsible to ensure centralized KYC Due Diligence Operations team performs all customer due diligence related Periodic Reviews, as country/markets determined, accurately in accordance to the Global KYC standards.
- Implement a robust continuous control monitoring and reporting framework to enable timely, accurate analysis and reporting of qualitative and quantitative MIS reports to local business, regional and global that enable risk and control awareness to facilitate risk-based management and to identify emerging risks, risk concentrations, and trends for subsequent overlays to current process.
- Support the implementation and/or enhancements of the OneKYC operating model and any subsequent strategic changes, regression testing as required and agreed by the business
- Drive continuous process improvement to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the hub monitoring process, and to address process/compliance gaps and to adhere to new or additional regulatory requirements
- Actively drive a formal governance forums with participation from Regional and Country Business Heads, CBORC teams, Compliance and other key stakeholders in relation to the process
- Ensure that efficiency and productivity of the managed area is within the agreed KPI and Service Level Agreements
- Provide subject matter expertise, as needed, on process/procedures, applications and tools used to support the investigation process and documentation of research, analysis and conclusions
- Support the region and business on gap analysis and the implementation of global policy requirements and regional standards, and incorporate the updates in the procedures as required
- Ensuring all project migration program deliverables and milestones are completed on time
- Managing the relationships with key stakeholders from the program team, and partners across Compliance, HR and Legal and other supporting functions
- Ensure the centralized team is optimally staffed through a workforce management framework
- Recruit staff, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget.
- Identify internal talent and fill key positions, attract talent with required expertise to meet the risk profile of the roles, build deep bench strength and develops appropriate succession plans
- Develop learning and development programs to coach and train the team based on the functional, business and development needs of their roles and to promote knowledge sharing and promulgate best practices across regional and country CBORC and business teams
The ideal candidate will have more than 15 years’ experience within Financial Institutions of which should include:
- At least 8 years of successful experience in leading a team with diverse cultural background and managing priorities, process and processing components to achieve expected (or better-than-expected) results
- Strong understanding of GCB business landscape, customer portfolio and business trends
- Previous experience should include a multi geography exposure / remit and understanding across Asia and preferably EMEA
- The ideal candidate should have strong partnering and negotiating abilities / skills and experience in dealing with senior management teams and all three lines of business
- The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of controls and risks associated with the consumer products
- The individual should have considerable experience in establishing, executing and building governance and controls within the consumer banking space
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skill in senior management interaction & engagement, influencing business decision through adoption of analytics solution
- Ability to negotiate with and influence Regional Line of Business Leaders, and In-Country Program Teams to achieve results that will impact the Regional Consumer business significantly
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate virtual teams, and delivering results both as an individual and through virtual teams
- Demonstrate through delivery of projects the ability to motivate and influence business partners to deliver on milestones/commitments
Job Family Group:Compliance and Control
Job Family:Business KYC
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Join our team
strong diverse employees
Socially minded employees volunteering in communities across 90 countries
Meaningful career opportunities thanks to a physical presence in over 98 markets
We foster a culture that embraces all individuals and encourages diverse perspectives, where you can make an impact and grow your career. At Citi, we value colleagues that demonstrate high professional standards, a strong sense of integrity and generosity, intellectual curiosity, and rigor. We recognize the importance of owning your career, with the commitment that if you do, we promise to meet you more than half way.
You have no saved jobs
Previously Viewed Jobs
You have no viewed jobs